[2022.06.08] Morning Musume -Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai / Dai ・ Jinsei Never Been Better!

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

kira
ANGERME

Re: [2022.06.08] Morning Musume -Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai / Dai ・ Jinsei Never Been Better!

Post by kira »

Personally between this and Tsubaki's, I'd say Tsubaki's was more dynamic. I guess I just do not like drone shots?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2022.06.08] Morning Musume -Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai / Dai ・ Jinsei Never Been Better!

Post by DonJuan »

JPope wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:39 pm I have a review up at the blog, but the tl;dr is I think the production goes so far in trying to make it "perfect" that the end result is completely devoid of soul or magic. The video isn't much better, because outside of the dance scenes, everything feel forced, stiff and acted-out. I had the same feeling about the "I WISH" remake, but the nostalgia was strong enough to tamp it down in the moment. But this? MM videos are starting to look more like clips from a TV drama about an idol group than the product of an actual idol group.
I agree with this and your review, but I'm not surprised at all. Ever since Colorful Era, but especially since the end of Colorful Era, this group hasn't done anything cute or "organic" anymore. They pushed towards the perfect performance image which has made their songs sound too polished, their steps too choreographed and their acting too dramatic. The strict seniority probably doesn't help either. I guess this was one of the reasons why Masaki was so popular - she was a great performer, but she also made it look so much more lighthearted.

At times like this MM does look like a group of coworkers, while Anju looks like a messy family. I mean of course they're more coworkers than family, they might not even be friends, but it doesn't help with this kind of MVs lol