[NEW MEMBERS ARE HERE] Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

[NEW MEMBERS ARE HERE] Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

Post by DonJuan »

Since we didn't have a topic to talk about this in general :ph34r:

Official Website, Official Twitter

Generally speaking:
Morning Musume is probably getting ready for incoming graduations.
Juice=Juice is gonna fill up after the departure of Karin, Sayuki, Tomoko and Manaka in such a short time.

This audition was announced before Inaba Manaka and Morito Chisaki announced their graduations.

Current status of the audition: New girls are here!

- - -

I hope the new MM generation will be rather small, since the group is still too big at the moment. Also, I doubt they're able to push everyone, so just adding a bunch of girls to have them in the back for years is always silly.
Juice is in need of a good singer, even if Ruru, Rei and Riai are good they're supposed to be the singing group. Since they're taking it slow with pushing Ichika, Risa and Kisaki the group probably needs someone who is ready from the get-go.
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

Post by Shoujo Q »

I can see this next gen of Morning being a single or duo gen. Someone to hold the group over while they start to dismantle the older girls who will eventually leave. They already have their next group of girls ready to take over for The 9-10th gen but I don’t know if anyone is really able to take over for Sakura yet.

Juice needs a good solid Audition so I can see them getting singers in this round. It was clear that the last audition was mainly for background girls and not singers. But stuff happened and they are having what I’m going to call an emergency audition. If they can recreate what they did for Tsubaki then it will be beneficial to them.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I want four n00bs for MM, because it would mean the end is near for the 9/10kis.

It's J=J's turn to get their Wakana/Riai/Momohime, so I hope they get one.

I like Yulia and Mifu for MM, and Karin for J=J (imagine joining that group with that name. No pressure!) I don't know if the agency is putting more emphasis on vocal talent wrt to auditions, but they've been finding some gems the past few years. Hope the run continues!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Considering how they found Moe, Layla, Wakana and Yagi Shiori they should be able to find a good singer again - especially if they're advertising the audition with Morning Musume and Juice=Juice - the two groups that have been mentioned a bit more often about talent and good singing in shows (remember the "best idol singer" stuff where they always mention(ed) Sakura, Sayuki and Ruru?).

I agree with raw girls for MM, but then they'd definitely go and have young girls join the group - they'll stay in the back for the next 2 years, I'm certain about that, probably even longer. Might wanna go and let 12 or 13yos join again (well, they let 10yos audition... not far off!).
And yeah, having a higher number join means it's more likely for the old members to get tf out... but this is MM. Mizuki survived 15 girls coming after her :dammit: (as did Erina, of all people!). See the next one leaving being Akane and Mizuki sticking around for another 5 years :wacko:
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've been trying to not let this become personal with Fuku, Eripon and Ayu, but my pettiness is close to overtaking my patience and good sense. :lol: I'm starting to resent them for staying so long because they've been blocking their juniors for years, and it feels like they're doing it just to break records. The 5/6kis stayed forever, but who were they blocking? Aika? Fuck outta here, lol. In fact, all but Sayu had left within two-and-a-half years of the 9ki's debut, and Sayu's final year was essential to preparing them to take over. By the end of 2022 the tenures of the 12kis will be eight+ years, and the 13kis six years. When do they get the "have you thought about what you're going to do when you graduate?" conversation, let alone the "we've decided you're going to graduate" one? Sakura's in a weird middle ground between the 9s and 12s, but she feels closer to the 9s because she's only one year removed from the 10s. I'm not done with her yet, but I'm close. She at least offers a skill set that's unique to her seniors, who are all fine, above-average idols, but none of them are special in any way.

The 12th gen took forever to become truly reliable, and I wonder how much better they'd be had the 9/10s GTFO'd a couple of years ago? Kaedy should be one of the primary vocalists and centers by now, Mei and Rio should be right behind her, and based on her performance as center for "Chu Chu Chu," Chii's entire tenure was apparently pissed away. All seemingly because Fuku, Eri and Ayu want to be the longest serving members. And if any of them don't graduate by the end of this year, they're gunning for Nakazawa's "oldest member" title, too. And that would be the final straw for my patience and good sense.
Last edited by JPope on Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I’m like 95% certain Covid screwed Morning's graduation schedule. Masaki only left because of medical reasons and Chii probably needs to leave to start prepping for wherever she’s going.

But now no one of note will want to leave before the big 25th anniversary that doesn’t have a legit reason for leaving.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It is quite frustrating, since many of these members have also peaked years ago. The only one of the 9th/10th gen crew that still had possibility to improve (and showed improvement) was Masaki who had to leave early. I've got nothing against these girls, they have a legacy of their own, but imagine Chisaki taking over the lead dance position, Miki the second singing position, and... as much as Ikuta has grown on me the last few years, she also was just there. She's the most stylish girl of the group, yeah, but that's not really a reason to stick in a performing idol group. (Then again she also didn't block the way for the younger members).

I've watched the J-Melo episode today and the next generations are ready. Rio is already really confident, Mei is also very talented and Homare looks much more ready than many older members at this point of their career. Maria and Akane are mature enough to take over, and Miki, Kaede and Yokoyan weren't even there because of corona - these girls are ready.

I'm with JPope, Sakura is the best singer and they won't be able to replace her anytime soon, but well, at some point they need to start.

Nobody will leave before fall, that's for sure. But the winter concerts might be a good place to start.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I definitely agree covid threw a wrench in the whole thing. When the announcement was made for Chii, it sounded like she had been planning to leave in 2021.

I get the feeling Eripon would leave before the other 2 considering she has things outside of H!P, but I have never been good at guessing graduations - I was expecting the rest of 9ki to graduate before Maachan did.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

I LOVE Mizuki. She can stay for another ten years, also sorry but I love Sakura and Ayu too they can stay, but damn Eripon looks so... Bored when performing? Has she always been like this?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She was always the one who her face was dead unless she KNEW the camera was on her for spotlight. So, in my opinion who doesn't know the last 7 years (lol, time), yes.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Eripon has a heavy case of RBF.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Results will be announced on Wednesday (6/29) in a special youtube video.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

And I only just got finished learning the names for Angerme's and Tsubaki's new members. :facepalm:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Thank god...
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: [Results on 6/29!] Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

Post by Shoujo Q »

So, the H!P Kenshuusei (Hello Dream) show mentions a "NEW Development" for their show next week. So it's either, some of the girls are moving into Morning Juice or we'll also get a new crop of kenshuusei. I hope for both, but more so the 2nd option. H!P needs some fresh new eggs because the crop we have now is very small and really aside from a few of the newbies, the older eggs are starting to become a little lackluster.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [Results on 6/29!] Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

Post by DonJuan »

I'm certain they're gonna add new KSS. And yeah, they're in desperate need for new girls. Maybe that's the actual reason why they lowered the audition age to 10, to fill up the KSS.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

They're gonna need to stock the KSS with this audition, if for no other reason than they're about to raid it for MM and JJ. My prediction is that Yulia, Karin and Honoka will debut, and there's an outside chance for Mifu. Even if Mifu doesn't debut, that still leaves just six trainees. I agree that dropping the age to 10 is only to trawl for new trainees.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Juice=Juice gains 2 new members in Endou Akari & KSS member, Ishiyama Sakura

MM gains one in Sakurai Rio

KSS Unit is reformed with Matsubara, Onoda, Hashida, Murakoshi, and Uemura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hello disappointment! (But if we get a boat load of kenshuusei, then that's another story.)

Morning Musume'22 gets 1 new member!
Sakurai Rio (16) Tokyo

Juice=Juice gets 2 new members!
Endou Akari (14),Hokkaido
Kenshuusei Ishiyama Sakura (18), Tokyo (Ichika's reaction is PRICELESS!)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^

Solo gen MM: Sakurai Rio (16)
Duo gen Juice: Endou Akari (14) and Ishiyama Sakura (18)

Eh. Rio does look interesting, but on paper this is kinda disappointing. She's already a bit older and her singing is... not great lmao. And as a solo gen she'll have it double hard.

Juice didn't get any amazing singer either, though Endou seems to be okay. Personally I would have loved more than okay, but what do I know. I'm glad that Sakura debuted at all, though.

Aaaaand this is where the KSS go that everybody was looking for. Except for Mifu, for some reason lol.
Matsubara Yulia, Onoda Karin, Hashida Honoka, Murakoshi Ayana, Uemura Hasumi.

Considering they kept OCHA's core in KSS Unit limbo for 2 years I expect a new H!P group in 2 years.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I don't know any of the KSS but Sakura left the best impression on me! I'm super excited to see JJ evolve.

Can't believe they only added one MM member, I guess no one else is planning to graduate for awhile.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: [NEW MEMBERS ARE HERE] Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

Post by Shoujo Q »

Rio had a forbidden love child with Masaki before she graduated and then named that child after herself and Sakura, her first love.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [NEW MEMBERS ARE HERE] Hello! Project Morning Musume '22 x Juice=Juice Joint New Member Audition

Post by DonJuan »

I rewatched the short video and I do believe that Rio's "bad" singing was mostly nerves. She has a decent voice and seems to be determined to work hard and make herself an important member of the group.

It's just... I could only see two kinds of people needed in MM right now.
Either a great singer from the get-go who can take over Sakura's role, since she probably won't stay for that many more years.
Or some young girls who can be put into the back for about 4 years until the current front liners are out.

A 16yo who is decent, but not amazing is not in the best situation. Even once the oldest senpai have graduated there's the potential frontgirls like Rio and Mei (and probably Miki and Kaede!) that are in front of her. And at 16 she probably doesn't want to wait for 10 years like 12th gen did.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Yeah, I feel like right now Rio2 is supposed to fill Chisaki's role XD...just me though

As for the KSSU'22, It's a little weird to see Kawashima, Yoshida, and Goto left out....makes me hope H!P picked up a TON of auditionees to join as KSS to be honest.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm almost certain that the KSS Unit was only created to prevent the members from leaving H!P, especially Yulia at her 4 1/2 years under the KSS and Honoka who is already 16.
The only one who *really* needed to debut was Sakura, because she would've been to old for the next auditions.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I feel like UF's approach with the kenshuusei units now is to sus out girls who can put the hard work in and stick around to eventually get the juicy debut reward. They don't want to make and promote a new group only for a girl to peace out before they major debut or think it's going to be easy sailing once they DO debut and not put the work in. They failed with Juice (Hi Aina), tried with Kobushi/Tsubaki (till Kobushi blew up in their face) and then it sort of worked out with Beyooooonds and then implemented the new practice with Ocha and now they are doing it again with the older senior girls. I can understand WHY the three newer members weren't added. They haven't been in the program long enough and are still pretty green if you ask me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

JPope wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:21 pm They're gonna need to stock the KSS with this audition, if for no other reason than they're about to raid it for MM and JJ. My prediction is that Yulia, Karin and Honoka will debut, and there's an outside chance for Mifu.
Nailed it! :lol:

A solo generation for MM? I guess Fukumura really is gonna stick around into her 40s. My give-a-fuck for this group is approaching late-Platinum/early-Colorful Era levels of apathy, with the 15th gen -- and I suppose Rio 2, Electric Boogaloo -- as the only thing really keeping me interested at all. I'd be more pumped for 11-13kis if the 9-10kis peaced out, though. I didn't need another n00b in J=J -- much less two -- but it's H!P, I know the drill.

That said, I'm happy for the n00bs, especially Sakura. You could see that she knew what was up the moment Aarii walked in, or at least she was praying she knew. That sigh of relief was legit -- I almost felt the weight lift from her shoulders just watching. :lol:

The new KSS Unit makes sense, because they're too good to just remain regular trainees, even if the agency doesn't think they are yet ready to debut. Are they really working toward adding a seventh group to H!P, though? UF must be doing okay if they think they can sustain seven full-time groups in H!P.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is interesting.

kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Wow another solo gen for momusu, I know the group is rather large right now but I wasn't expecting them to do another solo gen.

I'm interested in a new group, it's not like they can put all the KKS into existing groups anyway.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

I just watched some vids on Rio and she seems incredibly sweet, and her singing just sounds kinda unpolished but I reckon it's got decent potential, tone sounds lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing her debut single!