[2022.10.19] ANGERME - Kuyashii wa/ Piece of Peace Shiawase no puzzle

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

[2022.10.19] ANGERME - Kuyashii wa/ Piece of Peace Shiawase no puzzle

Post by DonJuan »

Announced in an insta live today: New Anju single! Coming out on October 19, double a-side.
Confirmed on the H!P website.

Just a few hours after the live they already dropped the MV to Kuyashii wa:

Kuyashiii wa is written by Nakajima Takui, it's funky and has great energy, a bit agressive, making fun of the name "ANGER ME" lol.

- - -

Take is soooo good in this. And I'm actually impressed by Hashimoto Rin here.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2022.10.19] ANGERME - Kuyashii wa/ Piece of Peace Shiawase no puzzle

Post by JPope »

Musically, it's kind of off-the-rack to me -- although to be fair, I just listened to it for the first time, but nothing really grabbed me.

Agreed on Hashi-Rin. She looks more confident and assertive than ever, and I'm digging it. I'm also digging Kamiko's hair-do in this.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Piece of Peace MV.

Well, uh, there's that. Ballads are always difficult on a single when the main song doesn't pull.
Nice shots tho.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

My initial reaction is that this single feels a little like Rikako's current hair style, which is to say, kind of try-hard. The comedic acting of "Kuyashii wa" is more cringe than comedy, and "Piece of Peace" is going for a nostalgia that feels forced given how many members have been in the group for less than two years. What's worse is that neither song really hits home for me. This might be my least favorite release of 2022.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Same. Anju has been in a phase of restructure for a while now with hits and miss. Aisubekibeki from the last single was fire, the second track was decent. This time none is a real banger. But at least the MVs look good.

Piece of Peace vs. Never been better - for once MM wins for me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:42 am Piece of Peace vs. Never been better - for once MM wins for me.
Ha ha! It's funny that you bring up Never Been Better as a point of comparison, because I did that in my own mind, but for the Kuyashii wa video. As cringe as I think NBB is, Kuyashii wa is way worse to me.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, Anju's "angry" scenes are about as weird as Morning's "happy happy family" scenes haha.

I'm still quite sad about this release. We get so few releases nowadays, and now we've got a single with 2 songs that I don't like.