Get Ready For 17ki: Morning Musume 25th Anniversary Audition [2 members added!]

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Get Ready For 17ki: Morning Musume 25th Anniversary Audition [2 members added!]

Post by DonJuan »

Website announcement
Special Website

Announced today, but apparently not even at the event lol.

Application period from September 14 to October 24. Ages 5th grade elementary school to high school 2nd grade.

- - -

Happy anniversary! :lol:
Mifu soon? Or Yulia? :lol:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Get Ready For 17ki: Morning Musume 25th Anniversary Audition

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mifu please.

But I don't like the fact they are pulling another audition when the last winner hasn't even properly debuted yet.
9/10 debuted in the same year, but at least 9 got a single in before they announced the 10th gen auditions and that was WITH an earthquake delay.

But let's be real, UF just wants more kenshuusei and the only way to get a decent crop is to do high profile auditions and hope a few young girls are willing enough to stick around to train and debut, maybe.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yup, I agree. I've got a feeling that this is going to be another audition without a winner. They might lose Kaede this year, but I doubt they'll get rid of the other members that fast, and even without Kaede the group is way too big lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Maria grad announcement forthcoming. :lol:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Don’t tease me with such good news Jpope! :ph34r:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm always suspecting Akane, but some people have also said Yokoyan :ph34r:
One thing I think is for sure, one of the "newer" (12th gen onwards) members will leave before all of 9ki-11ki are gone.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I look at girls like Akane or Yokoyan and ask, what would she do if she left MM? What is her skill set and/or entertainment footprint beyond MM? If I don't see much, I assume they'll stay until told to leave. After Kaedy, I think the order of most likely to graduate is this:

Fuku: yeah, she doesn't look like she wants to go, but she has the best post-MM prospects of the remaining 9/10kis, and it still makes the most sense.

Maria: She could slide into a modeling or variety (or both) career pretty seamlessly, and variety for sure if it was light-sports related. Speaking of light-sports variety...

Eri: Does she still have her golf clothing line? She's one of the few MM members to take full advantage of the exposure the group offers to do stuff outside of idoling, which sets her up better than the other weaker singers for success after MM.

Ishida: I always forget that she's only a couple of months younger than Fuku, but she is. She's a solid all-around idol, but I'm not sure how recognizable she is outside of the Harowota bubble, which probably has something to do with why she has chosen to maximize her time in MM. She might end up staying longer than even Fuku by the time she leaves.

Oda: I think her eventual future is as an M-line front-liner, even if she attempts a proper solo career first. I sense that she quite likes her position in MM, though, and is less likely to leave the longer her seniors remain.

I think Miki, Akane and Yokoyan are lifers that, in a few years, many of us will be talking about the way we currently talk about 9/10kis.

Now watch Miki announce her graduation next week. :lol:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ikuta still has her clothing line, in fact I think she launched something new just recently.

Akane is still young, 20, and she seems to be interested in photography. Not sure if she'd start university for it, but she's a clever girl, so I wouldn't be too surprised if she left for something outside of entertainment business. In fact, I wish they'd let her work more on merchandise, maybe create her own group photobook. To give her exposure and experience. Make it digital if you don't want to spend money on prints.

Yokoyan is a bit of a surprise bag. Sometimes I wonder if she'd go back to a normal life, or start as a youtuber or something. Don't get me wrong, personally I don't see Yokoyan leaving since she actually gets a bit here and there in the group. This is not like (the) Haruna(s) or Kanon who had to fight for crumbs. And even Oharu made it after MM :ph34r:

Miki leaving would be the most frustrating thing ever. Since 12th gen debuted she's been said to be the next-in-line singer, but now we've got Rio and Mei who are also pushing. Nobody knows how Rairi will come through, and now they're probably gonna add even more girls (and hopefully some that can sing!).

Generally I do agree with your timeline, I fear that Akane would be up there before Maria though (or rather, her being the 12th gen that'll leave before her senpai). Because she is so young and still can do something else. Girls like Mizuki, Ayumi or even Sakura don't know the business outside of H!P and probably never will get past Up Front. But I think the earlier you leave the easier it is to adapt other work policies.

Speaking of Maria, while I do think she could easily adapt outside of MM at the moment (as a gravure model, in variety, idk) I don't see her leaving. She needs a big offer or else she's going to go the Sayumi route.

Talking of skill set/entertainment footprint... what did Chii have to offer? She's a good dancer, but not on the level of professional dancing. In fact, I wonder if even Kaede can make it in dancing. Even Riho who went to the US to study dance focuses mostly on her music career with a bit of acting. And both of them are older than Riho when she left. I guess professional dancing is one of those careers that you have to do continuously, like competitive sports. Being an idol doesn't really add anything to it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Hey, remember this? I didn't! They just completed the third round.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Just in time for the spring tour.
Im curious on how they plan to drop the next single? Which I assume will be Mizuki’s last. But they could sneak in two if they wanted too. One now (spring/summer) and one later (fall/winter).

I’d ideally like next gen introduced on a single that wasn’t Mizuki’s graduation single. But that’s not how UF works. So I’m not sure what they are planning. A 25th anniversary surprise drop is still in the cards. I hold out hope.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm not counting out a Fall album drop for Fuku's farewell release. Yes, it would be about six months ahead of the every-three-years album schedule, but it's Fukumura.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

After this generation I hope they pause auditions for a bit and enter Platinum era 2.0. I want a static lineup for a few years pls.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They technically did have a mini platinum era, thanks to Covid. XD

We are going to lose more members then gain them. So technically this is the second coming of the Bail Out era after 6th gen joined.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

4th round is done. How many rounds do these things usually go?

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

4th round is the last. Took their sweet damn time. I guess those kss are from the last audition.

I expect them to announce something this week or next.

Silly of me to forget that UF doesn’t like to announce additions before any graduations.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

What took them so long to announce members? Because 4 (!?) groups are getting new members.
Source

The announcement will be shown tomorrow morning on H!Station

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Get Ready For 17ki: Morning Musume 25th Anniversary Audition [2 members added!]

Post by JPope »

Haruka auditioned for NMB48 last year, so we have footage of her singing.

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Re: Get Ready For 17ki: Morning Musume 25th Anniversary Audition [2 members added!]

Post by freezingkiss »

She's got a good voice.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

We got some voice lessons from H!Ps favorite voice trainer. They need a lot of polishing but they seem very promising.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Once again you can hear that they're no KSS. I like it.

(Also is that Miyo doing the choreography lessons for the 2nd gen anniversary event towards the end? Funky!)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Solarblade wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:27 am ===Setlist for Morning Musume. '23 25th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT TOUR ~glad quarter-century~ at Nippon Budokan===
MC - Yumigeta and Inoue Introduction - Inoue is Mint Green and Yumigeta is Pure Red
[...]
18. Koko ni Iruzee! / Inoue and Yumigeta join towards the end
I wonder if Mint Green is more like Kurumin's (and... Endo's) icy green-minty or if they're going for a more emerald kind of look. Personally, I'd love some mint. (Personally I didn't even remember Endo Akari having mint green as her colour. Oops.)
Ako follows Mifu (and Hashirin) with Pure Red. As a reminder: Kaede was "Italian Red" ("Pure" is a bit darker imo).

New profile pictures:

ImageImage

They've also announced their nicknames:
Inoue Haruka - Haru-san
Yumigeta Ako - Geta
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

From the new member FC event.

1. Ai no Tane / Yumigeta Ako - It was rough, but not, horrible.
2. Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito / Inoue Haruka - She picked a good song to solo. I mean Aika wasn't the greatest singer.
So the bar was set pretty low. (Sorry Aika. I still love you!)
3. Aruiteru / Both - Inoue is obviously the better singer of the two. Yumigeta is trying her best. She'll get there with time.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They're cute. Not utahimes, but decent enough. Ever since Oharu MM hasn't had a *really* tone-deaf member, and while Yokoyan and Chiichan have bad voices everybody else after them was at least decent. We can work with this for the new Morning.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Not great but definitely something there to build on. Honestly, if you had told me that Ako was promoted from the KSS I'd believe you, because she looks and carries herself like a trained idol already. She obviously has a dance background, and that coupled with her ever-present energy and infectious smile will serve her well.

Despite being more advanced as a singer, Haruka looks more raw overall. She's way more subdued, which I imagine will be a point of emphasis for her to work on from her seniors, because ther are times -- even during their introduction -- where she just looks bored, lol.

It's interesting that the last three generations have brought six new members with only one of them coming from the KSS, which has to be by design, yes?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To be fair we don't know if any KSS auditioned for the last two auditions (yet?), and for the 15ki only Ishiguri Kanami has been confirmed to have taken part in it (before joining the KSS, there are several girls who joined after the audition). She did win the singing award at the recital that year though, and Morning rarely gets the popular KSS, so there's that lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ako and Sakura sing the first verse and chorus of "I Wish"

Haruka and Fuku do the same with "Mikan"

I think both are better singers than they showed at the FC event -- especially Ako -- but I'm kind of shocked at how lost Haruka still looks performing. I would've thought that they'd have identified this early on and pushed her to work on that more. Then again, this might have been recorded prior to the FC event, so who knows. Still, I'm happy that neither is a complete tin-ear.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They are not tonedeaf, but they are a bit of a letdown after 15th gen (and I don't even dare to judge Rairi yet).
Ako's voice reminds me of Akane's and Yokoyan's, which is okay, but will probably always only be okay. Haruka really is lost, man.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm more bullish on Ako than that. Haga was really bad for her first few years -- pretty much up until Oharu left -- and Yokoyan wasn't much better. What worries me is that there's no consistent track record of below average singers improving to average in MM like there is in J=J and Anju. Some do (Maria, Akane) and some don't (Yokoyan, Erina), and for those who do improve, it takes forever. It's really gonna depend on Ako's work ethic and desire to improve.

I'm slightly concerned for Haruka, though, because there are times where she doesn't even appear to be trying to do anything but sing. I can't imagine she would've been added to MM unless she showed more than this during the auditions, though, so I assume it's in her, but she looks so overwhelmed at the moment.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Haruka looks terrified tbh LOL like almost completely frozen in confusion and fear. I'll refrain from judging her too harshly on this since it seems to largely be mental, she'll probably come out of her shell with time. I do like the basic tone of her voice so I'd love to see her improve as a performer.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

17ki's Suki na Senpai.

I'm really into Getta's deep voice. We really needed a contrast like that since Kaede left, let's hope they let her use it.
Haruka is a bit more relaxed now but still super nervous lol. At least it's more the "I'm moving too much" kind of nervous and not the deer in headlights nervous anymore.