Fukumura Mizuki to graduate Fall 2023

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Fukumura Mizuki to graduate Fall 2023

Post by DonJuan »

http://www.helloproject.com/news/15488/

First thought about it in 2020 but decided to stick around during the pandemic.

- - -

Man. I feel like an ass, but my first thought was "finally".
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: Fukumura Mizuki to graduate Fall 2023

Post by MejraThea »

I'm shocked, we were just the other day talking about her being a lifer lol.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

DonJuan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:29 am \
Honestly, the same thought too, I've been feeling that way towards Erina, Ayumi, and Sakura XD
Nicky
つばきファクトリー

Post by Nicky »

Solarblade wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:15 am
DonJuan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:29 am \
Honestly, the same thought too, I've been feeling that way towards Erina, Ayumi, and Sakura XD
Same here and then the thought there would be only one graduation in 2023. Since she's graduating in autumn instead of spring.

I hope there will be another 9th-11th gen graduation in 2023.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

I'm sad :( I will miss her. I hope she gets a Sayu style sendoff considering how much hard work she's put in.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Did not see this coming, lol.
DonJuan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:29 am http://www.helloproject.com/news/15488/
I get it. I'm gonna refrain from shitting on Fuku because I've done enough of that in the past. While Mizuki was obviously never one of my favorites, she was a solid idol and deserves all the pomp you'd expect an H!P legend to get at her send-off. She'll make a fine addition to M-line.

Have we ever had such a stark changing of the guard in H!P before?

EDIT:

Ayu would have to hang on until November 4th of 2024, and Eri until May 4th of 2025 to snag the Oldest MM member from Yuko. I'd be shocked if either makes it at this point. With both Takeuchi and Fukumura leaving this year, I expect the dam to break wrt to modern OGs graduating. When Uemura leaves, H!P will have three active groups with no remaining original members.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Not gonna lie, Mizuki's grad announcement kind of threw me off lol. From what I've gathered they've been planning her grad in 2020 - but the notice doesn't make it clear whether it came from her or the company. She got an "offer", probably for something inside UF like m-line. Then came the pandemic. Chii also already postponed her grad because of covid.

"Extra" came out in June 2021. They were probably trying to build up a solo career for Mizuki. You know who debuted as a soloist in June 2021? Ogata Risa.

Come to think of it, their voices have the same light quality, good, but not strong and overly emotional. What if a bunch of Risa's songs (even though they were covers) were supposed to be sung/published by Mizuki?

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Don’t forget, Mizuki and Risa had a duet together too.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Man, with a lead time of a year away, there could conceivably be another graduation during the summer if one of them really wanted it.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

After her grad we should turn this into her appreciation thread - I hope she doesn't just disappear into oblivion and does some solo shows ala Sayu.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The final album voting in the Anniversary thread got me to thinking: based on the every-three-years album schedule that H!P has settled into, MM isn't due for a new album until Spring 2024, but I wonder if they might push that forward a few months to get Fuku full participation in one last album? That's Jpop was released on March 31, 2021, so a late October/early November release would definitely be early -- by at least six months -- but it wouldn't shock me considering it's Fuku who's leaving. The album would probably go into the early stages of development/production in the next few months either way, if it isn't already.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The OCHA NORMA Quad A-side release seems to have triggered a bit of animosity on H!P Twitter.

I lol'd at that second one, but truth be told, MM is on schedule for an August release of some sort, and I expect it to be announced shortly after Takeuchi's graduation. UF holding the announcement back so as not to upstage Take-chan's graduation makes sense to me, and announcing two months months ahead of release is not out of line for H!P.

I suspect that the 2nd half of 2023 is gonna be primarily dedicated to Fukumura. If anything, Riko and Kishimon will be the ones getting upstaged come November.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

I mean with these Nakano performances, it seems like every group (cept BEYOOOOONDS) has something to announce, maybe we'll get something when Momosu performs?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

We have a date: November 29th at YokoAri. Up Front booked the venue for two days, the 28th and the 29th.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

===Setlist for Morning Musume. '23 Concert Tour Aki "Neverending Shine Show" Sanctuary Fukumura Mizuki Graduation Special===

Opening Act: Onna de Chikyuu wa Mawatteru / KSS Unit '23

1. Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki~
2. HEAVY GATE
VTR
3. Sexy Cat no Enzetsu
4. Kimagure Princess
5. What is LOVE?
6. Renai Destiny ~Honne wo Ronjitai~
7. Only you
MC
8. Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe
9. Itoshiku Kurushii Kono Yoru ni
10. Genki Pikappika
11. Nanzansho Souzansho
12. Guruguru JUMP
MC
13. Suki na Senpai / Inoue, Yumigeta
14. Kanashiku Naru You na Rainy day / Ikuta, Ishida, Oda, Nonaka, Haga
15. Aki Urara / Fukumura, Yokoyama, Okamura
16. Moonlight night ~Tsukiyo no Ban da yo~ / Makino, Kitagawa, Yamazaki, Sakurai

17. SPECIAL MEDLEY
- Mirai no Taiyou
- Wakuteka Take a chance
dance break
- Say Yeah! Motto Miracle Night
- What's Up? Ai wa Dou na no yo
dance break
- Ikimasshoi!
dance break
- OK YEAH!
- Happy Daisakusen

MC
18. Suggoi FEVER!
19. Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke
20. Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
21. Namidacchi

ENCORE

22. Neverending Shine / Fukumura
23. One Two Three
MC
24. Maji Desu ka Ska!

DOUBLE ENCORE
MC / Fukumura graduation (reads her letter)
25. I WISH / Fukumura -> MM'23
26. Mikan
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That was a good concert. I haven't had as much fun at a MM concert in years but they really did well.
Looking at 15th gen and onwards I am not worried about the group's future. It seems like 15th gen and Rairi are already ready to take on things stage (though 15th gen always surprised me regarding this and Rairi didn't disappoint either) and they actually know how to hype up the audience, especially Mei and Rairi. Not gonna lie, Rairi might be my favourite addition since 10th gen, and I can fully understand how she could make it as a solo gen. Her singing is pretty okay, her dancing on par with the group, but her charisma is through the roof.
17th gen is still shy, but Getta already shows great signs, and when Haru-san hits her notes without nervousness they are great.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Rairi and Rio are shaping up to be the next “Big Duo” that we will all eventually hate because they aren’t giving the new members any screen time. Provided of course Rio sticks around long enough for her to be the senior member. There is a lot of weight that needs to be shed before that comes to fruition.

There was a lot of little moments with the newer members that made me go wow.

And then there were a few little moments that made me go, ahah, yep, classic Morning Musume follies.

Overall it was a great concert and everyone got some time to shine on stage. A lot of old songs from the platinum era and new songs. It was great.

I look forward to the future and the next era in Morning Musume history.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Found these on Twitter. Highlight of the concert to be honest. Haha.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Man, the director for the live stream sucks
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Zoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:06 pm Man, the director for the live stream sucks
Just sitting down to watch it now, but this has been an issue for a while now. It's like the network sends in the C-team to run H!P broadcasts.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

JPope wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:49 pm
Zoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:06 pm Man, the director for the live stream sucks
Just sitting down to watch it now, but this has been an issue for a while now. It's like the network sends in the C-team to run H!P broadcasts.
Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I don't think the Tsubaki Factory directing was this bad.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Just a few songs in, and I think you're right. That half-sepia shit in Wake-Up Call was annoying af.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

JPope wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:32 pm Just a few songs in, and I think you're right. That half-sepia shit in Wake-Up Call was annoying af.
Oh, there's more of that where that came from lol

It's really the nonsense camera angles and rapid switching that grinds my gears though.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Zoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:57 pm
JPope wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:32 pm Just a few songs in, and I think you're right. That half-sepia shit in Wake-Up Call was annoying af.
Oh, there's more of that where that came from lol

It's really the nonsense camera angles and rapid switching that grinds my gears though.
Ha ha! Yeah, it seemed like the director decided "I'm gonna shoot this so it can go straight to Blu-ray with no edits!" I don't know if someone told him to knock it off, because it got a little better towards the end lol.
DonJuan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:59 am That was a good concert. I haven't had as much fun at a MM concert in years but they really did well.
Looking at 15th gen and onwards I am not worried about the group's future. It seems like 15th gen and Rairi are already ready to take on things stage (though 15th gen always surprised me regarding this and Rairi didn't disappoint either) and they actually know how to hype up the audience, especially Mei and Rairi. Not gonna lie, Rairi might be my favourite addition since 10th gen, and I can fully understand how she could make it as a solo gen. Her singing is pretty okay, her dancing on par with the group, but her charisma is through the roof.
Shoujo Q wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:30 am Rairi and Rio are shaping up to be the next “Big Duo” that we will all eventually hate because they aren’t giving the new members any screen time. Provided of course Rio sticks around long enough for her to be the senior member. There is a lot of weight that needs to be shed before that comes to fruition.
I don't think it was by chance that Rio² were the ones carrying Mizuki's train for her victory lap. KitaRio is basically the new Fuku-chan: pretty good at everything without being great at any one thing, with conventionally good looks and a tad more natural charisma; and Rairi (or is it Riley?) has a similar skill set paired with overwhelming charisma and beauty. She's their next star, and has the potential to move the needle beyond the harowota bubble. Rairi will be the one who non-harowota ask about on social media after one of MM's rare appearances outside of that bubble. I don't currently have a favorite member, but she's one that I like the most.

Speaking of that, the highlight of the show for me was the "Moonlight night" performance. Watching Maria, KitaRio, Mei and Rairi I kept thinking "Yes! This is what MM should be now." Honestly, my perfect MM lineup from the current girls would be Maria plus 13-17th gens.

Overall it was a fun concert. Fuku looked great in her weddi..., er, graduation dress, and the lines were pretty evenly spread out for MM. Yokoyan in particular stood out to me for how much burn she got, but honestly you can't say that anyone got shafted. The other thing I noticed is that, even if MM isn't a particularly strong vocal group, they've become a lot more reliably in-tune. There were a couple of pretty bad notes, but it's a graduation show with all the attendant emotions, so that's gonna happen. Other than that, though, even Eripon acquitted herself fairly well.

Oh, and someone needs to feed Mei-chan a cheeseburger or three. Girl looks like she's gonna break in half if someone accidentally runs into her.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Honestly, I hope it's just a case of being lanky while growing into her body, but she really *does* look sickly thin.

On Rairi (personally I like this more than Riley, but we'll probably never get an official version :lol), I hope you're right! I can see the potential in her.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Fukuhime's dress was very fitting of, well, Fukuhime! Very extravagant and princessy.