[2023.09.27] Tsubaki Factory - Yuuki It's my Life! / Mousou Dake Nara Freedom / Demo...Ii yo

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2023.09.27] Tsubaki Factory - Yuuki It's my Life! / Mousou Dake Nara Freedom / Demo...Ii yo

Post by Solarblade »

Announced today at Tsubaki's house tour performance, a new single - Yuuki It's my Life! / Mousou Dake Nara Freedom / Demo...Ii yo (勇気 It's my Life!/妄想だけならフリーダム/でも…いいよ)

Yamagishi's last single, Kishimoto will not take part in the single as she's been on medical leave, so it's unknown if the last single will be her last or she'll delay her graduation for the next single.

http://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7777/
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2023.09.27] Tsubaki Factory - Yuuki It's my Life! / Mousou Dake Nara Freedom / Demo...Ii yo

Post by JPope »

I really hope Kishimon gets a final single and a proper graduation, but I feel like we're gonna wake up one morning to an announcement that she has left for medical reasons effective immediately.

The silver lining in the Kishimon cloud hanging over TF is Tofu getting her push earlier than expected. From what I've seen in the festival footage that's been posted online, she's getting the bulk of Kishimon's feature bits, and while she's no Kishimon, she's handling them well.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: [2023.09.27] Tsubaki Factory - Yuuki It's my Life! / Mousou Dake Nara Freedom / Demo...Ii yo

Post by Shoujo Q »

Makes me wonder if there was more to those leaked pictures than meets the eye? She seemed fine up until then and then decided a double graduation with Yamagishi and then a sudden panic disorder after saying she wanted to go solo?

Maybe I’m reading too much into it. But I’m a the suspicious sort.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Man. Fuck. Kishimon has been the only reason for me to follow Tsubaki for the longest time and seeing what is happening now just leaves me with a bad feeling.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha! I asked H!P Twitter what they felt were the main problems with how UF/H!P handles their idol groups, and one of the biggest responses was "poor promotion and social media engagement," and 22 hours later Tsubaki Factory drops the first of this excellent promo campaign.

Translation: #つばきファクトリー
Released on 9/27 New Single
[Courage It's my Life! / Freedom if it's just delusions / But... that's fine]

" #妄想だけならフリーダム " We will post TikTok videos every day! Look forward to which member will appear in what costume!
vt.tiktok.com/ZSLbrtecs/
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I came here because I saw the new MV and was wondering why Kishimon was missing. I'm so far out of the loop these days >_>

Anyway new MV

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kishimon is going through some stuff atm.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This song is pretty meh for me.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It is absolutely mid.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Song is beyond mid. I'd go so far as to say it gave me 48G vibes (which years ago I would've meant as a compliment but with their recent music... not so much). Mousou Dake Nara Freedom sounds much funner, at least from what we can hear in the radio rip.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's also the one they use for their youtube shorts (and probably tiktok) promotion. So yeah, that's the one they're banking on.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Farrah wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:09 pm Song is beyond mid. I'd go so far as to say it gave me 48G vibes
I swear I was gonna say this, but since I don't know enough 46/48 stuff, I kept it to myself, lol.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The LIVE for Mousou Dake Nara Freedom is a little on the rough side. Still needs work.
(Yumeno would have crushed it. Which makes me wonder....) :tears:

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

MV to Demo... Ii yo.

This one feels really non-H!P. Even the singing is so different.
Not in a bad way, though.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It feels like a more mature take on classic Tsubaki, and I'm liking it overall, but... I am so sick of trap beats, lol. They just feel lazy to me at this point.

The video is okay, but the girls look great in it. This is the first time that Mao's bangs look good to me.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Video is simple and cheap in that classic UFP way lol but the girls look really pretty!
The song has MAJOR LDH/Avex gg vibes to me, can totally imagine Flower doing a song like this.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Interestingly enough, my first thought was T&C Everyday Everywhere. But it definitely has Avex vibes.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Now that's a fun MV. I think it also finally combines things that would be in line with what young people in Japan like, instead of a classic H!P formula of catering to wotas (dance shots and close ups). My only "complaint" (which is really nothing, honestly) would be that I would prefer the MV to be a bit sharper at some points - sharper edits, sharper dancing. But it's really nothing.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I’m curious what the final edit of the MV will look like. Watching it today at work it was very choppy on my phone.

But it was a fun MV.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:49 pm

Now that's a fun MV. I think it also finally combines things that would be in line with what young people in Japan like, instead of a classic H!P formula of catering to wotas (dance shots and close ups). My only "complaint" (which is really nothing, honestly) would be that I would prefer the MV to be a bit sharper at some points - sharper edits, sharper dancing. But it's really nothing.
I love it. Fun song and video. I was kinda surprised that they didn't show the dance for the entire chorus, though, since it seemed like they were going for a TIkTok moment with it.