[2023.10.25] Morning Musume '23 - Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki~ / Neverending Shine

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2023.10.25] Morning Musume '23 - Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki~ / Neverending Shine

Post by Solarblade »

Announced today at the beginning of Morning Musume's Fall Tour, a new single due out for October 25th,

Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki~ / Neverending Shine (すっごいFEVER!/Wake-up Call~目覚めるとき~/Neverending Shine)

http://www.helloproject.com/news/16463/

http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7788/

"Suggoi FEVER!" Lyrics and Composition : Tsunku, Arrangement : Shoichiro Hirata
A funky uptempo Tsunku song.

"Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki" Lyrics : Hoshibe Sho, Composition : Hoshibe Sho, Okubo Kaoru, Arrangement: Okubo Kaoru
A 70's-80's western style up-tempo song. Has a lot of rap parts and fakes, and interaction with fans.

"Neverending Shine" Lyrics and Composition : Tsunku, Arrangement : Konishi Rei
Fukumura Mizuki's Graduation Solo song, Chorus by all the members.

---

Limited Editions bonuses:

LE A will have the Suggoi FEVER MV
LE B will have the Wake Up Call MV
LE C will have the Neverending Shine MV
LE SP will have footage for Morning Musume '23 at the rockin'on presents JAPAN JAM 2023 + 20-page booklet

Regular editions will have trading cards (14 members + 1 group) wearing outfits from the singles

RE A will have Suggoi Fever
RE B will have Wake Up Call
RE C will have Neverending Shine

Info thanks to amped & tadase
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2023.10.25] Morning Musume '23 - Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki~ / Neverending Shine

Post by JPope »

Hopefully this will calm the collective tits of H!P Twitter. :lol: I was pretty confident Fuku was gonna get a final single, and all the pomp she deserves to close out the year. I'm pretty psyched for the Hoshibe track, as the few he's done for MM have been top tier.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2023.10.25] Morning Musume '23 - Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call ~Mezameru Toki~ / Neverending Shine

Post by DonJuan »

If Takechan got a solo then Mizuki would get one, too, that one was obvious. Looking forward to Suggoi FEVER.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

First MV is already up!

First time in a while I haven't hated a MM song on the first listen :hahaha:
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Oh Mizuki is getting a graduation single!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Once again doing the member color themed Graduation outfits for the single.

I also am just going to assume the green is a nod to Ikuta.

Edit: That was a fun MV. At least their one single of 2023 doesn't have a complete flop on it.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think the song is a bit too messy, but at least it's catchy and fun.
The throwbacks to other songs felt a bit cheap except for The Peace, especially with the speedrun towards the end. But hey, definitely not the worst MM has released in the past few years!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I was hoping for more moments like The Peace but none ever came and that made me sad.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Shoujo Q wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:20 pm I was hoping for more moments like The Peace but none ever came and that made me sad.
YES.

The song is fun. Super up-beat and frantic in a way that's about as close to denpa as H!P is ever likely to come, and hella catchy. The video effects are excellent minus the floating doo-dads, but H!P is gonna H!P. Overall, though, this is a pretty strong package.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Shoujo Q wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:20 pm I was hoping for more moments like The Peace but none ever came and that made me sad.
Yeah, absolutely. They could have pulled an RR21 or Love Machine somewhere there. Not sure why they singled out The Peace, since it came out 12 years ago, it's not even an anniverary of that song.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

They did make a reference to love revolution but it's really small :lol:
Two 笑顔と元気 愛のレボリューション

Two egao to genki ai no REBORUSSHON
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Suggoi Fever! Preview.

It’s got a strong opening. Like nostalgia for the good ol Tsunku days. I hope it got a strong breakdown because of it does this single could be my favorite in a long while.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I love me some disco! The male voice kinda creeps me out though lol.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The... the Limited SP is straight up green screen. Like, just the green screen. Someone put the girls into situations! lol.

ImageImage
Reg A is just Juice's album cover with MM. The Neverending Shine ones are really pretty though, even if not creative.
Personally I'm actually drawn to Lim B. It's not good, but it's a bit different at least, regarding the rainbow colours. The rest is just what they always do.

Maybe we were too mean to them back in the day. The old covers were horrible photoshop crimes, but they tried to be fun at least.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:47 am The... the Limited SP is straight up green screen. Like, just the green screen. Someone put the girls into situations! lol.

Reg A is just Juice's album cover with MM. The Neverending Shine ones are really pretty though, even if not creative.

Personally I'm actually drawn to Lim B. It's not good, but it's a bit different at least, regarding the rainbow colours. The rest is just what they always do.

Maybe we were too mean to them back in the day. The old covers were horrible photoshop crimes, but they tried to be fun at least.
I think H!P blocks hot linking to photos, because the covers aren't showing up for me in your post, so I upped them to imgur. Let's see if that works.

LIM A:

LIM B:

LIM C:

LIM SP:

REG A:

REG B:

REG C:

This is not so bad for MM considering their recent track record. There isn't a complete failure in the bunch, although they're all pretty safe, save for Lim B, which is probably my 2nd favorite. I wish they'd have used a different font for the group name, though, because that kills an otherwise pleasing and creatively lit photo array.

The font used for the SP and Regular editions is really nice, though, and I think it elevates all of them from bland to low-key chic. Lim C is my overall favorite, as it gets more right than the rest. The photo is appropriate for a graduation release, every pose looks natural and comfortable, and the layout is awesome. My only nit-pick is the transparency on the title text, which comes off as a bit try-hard and out of place for this sort of classic design.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Interesting, they show up for me :lol:
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

DonJuan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:29 pm Interesting, they show up for me :lol:
That tends to happen because it's already on your cache.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I see, learnt something new today!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Sugoi~ Whahaha!

The music video is totally standard cut and paste H!P. Nothing special about it at ALL except maybe the camera angles. If you're into that sort of thing?
As for the dance? It's Mukidashi de Mukiatte 2.0 (If they add that song into their setlist when they promote this single, It would totally work.)

It's a call back to OG H!P with the added creepy man voice cutting in randomly, so it's kind of nostalgic in a way.
I think newer fans will totally be put off by it though I'm sure, it's been a LONG time since creepy man voice has made an appearance. :ph34r:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

God that sugoi voice is kinda funny :lol: I do love myself some good Morning disco, but I agree with you Shoujo. How come their best selling group has the most boring sets, least creative MVs and most repetitive dances? Even the costumes look like something they've worn on stage for the last 3 years, and that goes for both (the pink and the green ones).

Anyways, I don't want to complain too much. (Even though even the song gets quite repetitive-- ok ok I will stop now.)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Hello! Station opens with the short version of "Neverending Shine," and it's pretty much what you'd expect.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

This actually reminds me of the time when MM still did solos songs, like on albums. It's not bad.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Full MV is out. It's really pretty.
What I do love however is the contrast to Takechan's graduation song.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

On his latest episode, Hoshibe Shou describe the story behind Wake-up Call.
His videos now includes subtitles too!

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Neverending Shine sounds like it could've been created by A-I.