H!P fanmixes

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

sadude
ANGERME

H!P fanmixes

Post by sadude »

One of my favorite things of a fandom are the creative things that people generate from it. For H!P, one of those things are fanmixes-- I remember the Evil Morning series from #13:Root quite fondly from the mid 2000s.

Where do H!P remixes live nowadays? Are there any specific groups or channels you like? Any standout fanmixes from the past 15 years?
JPope
ANGERME

Re: H!P fanmixes

Post by JPope »

Near as I can tell, fan mixes kind of died with the Platinum Era, if not during it. There are a few YT musicians who do play-alongs to H!P songs, but I haven't seen any full-on remixers in years. That's not to say they don't exist, just that I'm not aware of any.
sadude
ANGERME

Re: H!P fanmixes

Post by sadude »

Damn, that's disappointing to hear and not the response I was expecting.

My first reaction is to wonder if it's a result of the internet and culture having moved more towards social media + attention-seeking, side hustles, and general content consumption, and away from creative pursuits? But I also know nothing of the internet in Japan and how much this applies there.

Also on creativity: there are of course still creative people doing very creative things out there, but now they have way more avenues in which to express that in?