Yamazaki Yuhane to graduate from Beyooooonds on June 27

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Yamazaki Yuhane to graduate from Beyooooonds on June 27

Post by DonJuan »

Announcement

Has been thinking about graduation since last year and wants to try new music and environments.

- - -

:ph34r:

Please no great Biyo exodus.

Though to be fair, I can understand her. She was thought of as THE new star in H!P, then Biyo lost their momentum, they barely did anything anymore at all and even inside the group, while still quite central, she was one of the faces next to Shiori, Rika and Miyo.

But, man.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Yamazaki Yuhane to graduate from Beyooooonds on June 27

Post by Shoujo Q »

Yuhane :tears:

I really liked her. I wonder if she’ll stick with Up Front and just do the MLine thing or pop over to YUM and hang out with Yumeno? Or just leave and do the Momona thing and become a Kpop (I mean Jpop) super star?

I wonder how many more girls leave before we find out if Beyooooonds becomes a generational girl group or not? I mean they can theoretically do it, but I would want new sub groups joining, not adding to existing ones.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Yamazaki Yuhane to graduate from Beyooooonds on June 27

Post by JPope »

Well, shit.
DonJuan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:34 am Please no great Biyo exodus.
I think that's exactly what we're gonna get. I said something about feeling that the Biyo magic was gone a few months ago, and it seems like at least some of the girls feel that way, too.
Shoujo Q wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:43 am Yuhane :tears:

I really liked her. I wonder if she’ll stick with Up Front and just do the MLine thing or pop over to YUM and hang out with Yumeno? Or just leave and do the Momona thing and become a Kpop (I mean Jpop) super star?

I wonder how many more girls leave before we find out if Beyooooonds becomes a generational girl group or not? I mean they can theoretically do it, but I would want new sub groups joining, not adding to existing ones.
I don't know if there's anything to back this up, but I feel like the younger they are when they choose to graduate, the more likely it is that they'll leave the nest, and Yuhane is still pretty young. I'd be cautious about leaving UF completely if I were her, though, because the Beyosonic special was kind of a dud for most of the girls, including Yuhane. She did an Ayaya medley, and struggled noticeably. Maybe it was just a bad night, but it's more likely that she's been able to hide her flaws in a large group. She's a great idol singer, but she's got work to do if she wants to be a serious soloist in the mold of Airi Suzuki.

Adding on to your thoughts about Biyo going generational or not, the first song from the new single is straight-ahead J-idol sans theatrics, and if the other two go that route, I think it means they're gonna phase out the theater and add girls at some point. Either way, Beyooooonds is changed forever. That magical first year was unlike anything I've ever experienced following H!P, and it sucks that it was hijacked like it was. They never really recovered from the covid shit.