LoVendoR thread, aka Reina's in a Rock Band

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Re: LoVendoR thread, aka Reina's in a Rock Band

Post by YuuakuRisa »

I give the three singles tops and they're gone. The cover looked excellent in white. Red is such a terrible color to plaster on a WHOLE cd cover.

The person that writes the Hellosayunii blogs for Momusu is always too kind with pretty much everything...smh.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Marina's and Reina's voice don't blend even though they both sing very well. Actually I kind of want Reina to form a band with Risa. Sounds odd, but when I heard them sing Moonlight Densetsu, I thought their voices are so good together.

kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I expected these sales, to be honest. Usually albums don't sell very well, unless you're a group like Mr. Children or FUNKY MONKEY BABYS, who can chart for a year or more on the albums chart. This goes double if it's an idol group. And it's a cover album. I wouldn't go about claiming the end of the group just based on their first album sales.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I'm pretty sure the album was only being sold at concert venues, not on store shelves. Also, singles are the big sellers, not albums, plus cover albums usually do anothing anyway.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Late, but it was just an indies release so sales like this were to be expected. Also, <a href="http://ameblo.jp/tanakareina-blog/entry ... Lovendor's tour is getting a second leg</a>:

★7月11日(木) F.A.D YOKOHAMA (神奈川)

★7月17日(水) HEAVEN'S ROCK さいたま新都心 VJ-3 (埼玉)

★7月22日(月) 高崎 club FLEEZ (群馬)

★8月4日(日) EVENTHALL club-G (岐阜)

★8月5日(月) KYOTO MUSE (京都)

★8月6日(火) LiveHouse 浜松 窓枠 (静岡)

★8月11日(日) 甲府CONVICTION (山梨)

★8月16日(金) 柏PALOOZA (千葉)

★8月24日(土) CRAZYMAMA KINGDOM (岡山)

★8月25日(日) U★STONE (滋賀)

★8月29日(木) 松阪M'AXA (三重 )

★8月30日(金) club KNOT (愛知)

Last edited by Anderei on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm not feeling this group at all. They bore me.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I love Reina, but this group is quite boring. I don't know why, but I guess band members need certain chemistry to succeed.

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

More like Reina is a useless third wheel in the group. Dump her and let the rest of the members do actual rock and the group would be FAR better.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="smtmissin"]
I love Reina, but this group is quite boring. I don't know why, but I guess band members need certain chemistry to succeed.
[/quote]

They're making generic Pop-Rock and everything sounds more processed than 70s glam rock.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This group lacks chemistry, lots of it. It's still stuck in biology trying to figure out how things work. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't know, this is just BORING, as others have said. The song isn't bad, the group isn't bad. It's all just... boring. It can't hold my attention and, by 2 minutes in, I was already bored. Reina's and Marina's voices even blended well in this song; Reina's voice never jarred or distracted me from Marina's vocals, so the group is staaarting to blend IMO. Also, Reina looks better in those casual clothes than she's ever looked in H!P. After finally ditching that gawd-awful ponytail and those cat ears, she looked really mature and sexy in a natural way.
Last edited by showraniy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

The video is just terrible.  I couldn't watch it all the way through.  The slow-motion and off-coloring was just too obnoxious.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

I'm no connoisseur of rock music but that did not sound like rock music to me. I'm not really sure what that was.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="155904" data-time="1371952064">This group lacks chemistry, lots of it.</blockquote>This group has no drummer, has one one phony former idol for a leader who got the position handed on a silver plate, and three actually talented girls forced to act as the leader's sidekicks, suffer the leader's former idol fans at their gigs, and do what they're told by the company which is play covers of sappy old pop-rock tunes. What chemistry did you really expect out of such a setup?

The chemistry will come when the girls get finally fed up during one gig, throw Reina off the stage, jam some Slayer solos and ride away on their scooters towards the setting sun. Then they will become a legend.

[tinytext](nothing against Reina really but Reina plz, rock&roll you are not)[/tinytext]

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="155904" data-time="1371952064">
This group lacks chemistry, lots of it.
</blockquote>
This group has no drummer, has one one phony former idol for a leader who got the position handed on a silver plate, and three actually talented girls forced to act as the leader's sidekicks, suffer the leader's former idol fans at their gigs, and do what they're told by the company which is play covers of sappy old pop-rock tunes. What chemistry did you really expect out of such a setup?

The chemistry will come when the girls get finally fed up during one gig, throw Reina off the stage, jam some Slayer solos and ride away on their scooters towards the setting sun. Then they will become a legend.

[tinytext](nothing against Reina really but Reina plz, rock&roll you are not)[/tinytext]

[/quote]

If you could mark a post as a favorite, this is a perfect example of what I'd mark.  :jam: :XD:
Last edited by Kahoryn on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="155904" data-time="1371952064">
This group lacks chemistry, lots of it.
</blockquote>
This group has no drummer, has one one phony former idol for a leader who got the position handed on a silver plate, and three actually talented girls forced to act as the leader's sidekicks, suffer the leader's former idol fans at their gigs, and do what they're told by the company which is play covers of sappy old pop-rock tunes. What chemistry did you really expect out of such a setup?[/quote]

Yeah, no bass player, either. Without a rhythm section, I can't even call them a band. They are just a ridiculous pop act with seemingly no focus and no purpose beyond giving Reina something to do.

This thing got fucked up during the audition process when they added a second singer, two guitarists and no rhythm section. I'm no award winning producer, but what the fuck is that shit? The second vocals-only singer was the initial warning sign that this was going to be a cluster-fuck, but when the final "band" ended up being two singers and two guitarists, you just knew this act was doomed to fail. I don't know if they were trying to be innovative or just being lazy, but the idea that a pop/rock group consisting of two singers and two guitarists was a recipe for success is just preposterous on its face. No fan will ever connect with such a group because rock fans will see it as too blatantly pre-fab, while pop fans will just see it as too bizarre. You can win rock fans over to a pre-fab group if the music is good and you don't shove the pre-fab in thier face so obviously, but this group fails on both counts.

Here's what they should have done: build a four or five piece band around Reina consisting of a lead guitarist, bass player, drummer, and if you really think you need it, a rhythm guitarist or keybordist (one or the other). That's it. That's what everyone in the world accepts as a ROCK BAND. Personally, I'd go with a four-piece group, and just hire session monkeys to play rhythm guitar/keys live. If you don't trust Reina to carry the lead vocals full time, then scrap the entire project. She's the entire fucking reason this group exists, for fuck's sake, and rock bands just don't have two lead singers where at least one doesn't do something in addition to singing.

A four/five piece band with every vital part being played by a band member is a group that fans can connect with. Give them something that they want to play and that today's audience wants to hear. There have to songs that are better suited for them to cover then this stuff. They're not into it, and it shows, which is why they're boring as fuck.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

^^^ :clap:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Here's their new support bass player, Kiyoshi:
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love Reina and all, but . . .
Dear Reina, you still act and sing like you're in an idol group. Please stop. Start acting more like the "rocker" that you pretend to be and maybe people will take your "band" seriously.

<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

[quote="Star"]
I love Reina and all, but . . .
Dear Reina, you still act and sing like you're in an idol group. Please stop. Start acting more like the "rocker" that you pretend to be and maybe people will take your "band" seriously.
[/quote]

Preach, gurl.

Anyways, I've been saying this from the get-go: frilly pink skirts, pink t-shirts with pink and black babydoll skull designs, and pink lacy bows bigger than giraffe vagina are the absolute anti-rock.

This stupid band is fucking ridiculous, and this girl will never be able to prove herself in the real world of musical artistry.
Last edited by rallyleo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love her for all those reasons, but its not okay to do with a "rock" band.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

Why just a "support" bassist? She's cute, and if she's good enough to play gigs she's good enough to be a proper member. It doesn't make sense. Unless she's smart enough to recognize a fail-boat when she sees one and is happy to just collect the paycheck.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="156288" data-time="1372364946">
<div>
[/quote]

Why just a "support" bassist? She's cute, and if she's good enough to play gigs she's good enough to be a proper member. It doesn't make sense. Unless she's smart enough to recognize a fail-boat when she sees one and is happy to just collect the paycheck.

</div>
</blockquote>

Beats me. I think their past support players have been from bands but she's not as far as I know.

As for the discussion on her wardrobe, it's not what most singers in a rock band would wear. But honestly, if she suddenly switched to wearing nothing but jeans, leather and t-shirts I'd think she was far more a fake than she is now. Reina's said before that fashion-wise she knows what she likes and that she's not going to change it, and I can respect that. And she's not the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen fronting a band. If anything, if I had no idea who they were and was just looking at photos, I might be at least somewhat intrigued just based on the way she looks.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

If she becomes permanent and play <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK2hruT ... sthesia</a> as her live introduction I'll consider giving them another chance. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

When Is LoVendoR actually going to release something. They keep making songs and then cover old Morning Musume songs in their concerts.
Formerly Mizura
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

Well, their mini-album tanked worse than I'm sure most people expected. I doubt we'll see them again anytime soon.

None of the girls even seemed to into it to begin with.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The mini did about as well as I'd expect an unpromoted indies cover album to sell. I don't think it was released to really make a profit. The promotion could be better, but I wouldn't expect them to release stuff as often or as quickly as the H!P groups do.

They all still seem fairly excited judging by radio shows and blogs and stuff. But for now they're mostly just doing random gigs like this:
11/3, Lovendor will perform at "ROCK NO GAKUEN 2013" with Show-ya, Golden Bomber and Nogizaka46. the venue is Tokyo Polytechnic University's stage.

Last edited by Anderei on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

They're waiting for Reina to get bored and quit, then the rest of the group can start actually rocking.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

TM Revolution's Takanori Nishikawa apparently put the girls on the spot when they were on his TV show last month, basically asking why they're playing shitty oldies and acting like an idol group instead of rocking out and being a proper rock band with a drummer and bassist, and pushing back against management's stupid decisions and basically just doing whatever they want.

Because they're an idol band, not a rock band, that's why. They do what they're told or GTFO. He apparently even said something to the effect that Upfront wasn't very knowledgeable about managing rock bands. If what I read about this appearance is accurate, Nishikawa is kind of a dick for putting those girls in that position on TV. He knows they have no say in anything they do, although I have no idea what his show is like or what his demeanor is usually like, so it could be a case of Lovendor management putting throwing them to the wolves.

Still, he's kind of right. I was really excited for this project when it was announced, and now I don't give a single flying fuck about it.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.