H!P Haru no Dai Kansha Hinamatsuri Festival

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: H!P Haru no Dai Kansha Hinamatsuri Festival

Post by Shoujo Q »

The only screw up I found so far was that Peaberry was last of the Satoyama groups and not first like the H!P Wiki said they were. Everything else is the same. 

I wish they had recorded the <a href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Hell ... asai~">1st concert</a>, I wanted to hear some of the songs from that set list. :<
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Chisato, despite her setbacks she worked it like a pro. If she hadn't kept messing with her ear I probably wouldn't have known there was something wrong. Since I have no idea how ear pieces work, I don't know what the problem was exactly.
[/quote]

They edited her vocals. She started the song in the wrong key. 
Last edited by Banana on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I was under the impression earpieces play the music so the performer can hear it and allow them to hear their own voice over the crowd.

I remember watching a show where the singer performed badly and the other singers were saying she couldn't find the key with all the noise muddling the music.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

The earpiece gives you the same as the old monitor speakers used to do back in the day, they play what you want to hear rather than what the audience is hearing.

Some people like to have louder drums to keep the rhythm or their own vocals louder etc etc etc

I presuming she couldn't hear herself
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="157801" data-time="1374006773">
<div>
I'd like to hear Madara's thoughts on how he thought Chisato dealt with her little problem. I thought she did great personally. 
[/quote]

Well, I watched it on the link you provided earlier and I thought she did fine. Singing-wise, it may be the best rendition of that song I've ever heard. (Unless Risako's ever done a solo of it.) Like Valerie, I felt the techie should have stayed off-stage. Chisato was working it.

Are we sure that exact number is on the Blu-ray? (Well, I'll soon find out, won't I?)

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, the number is that exact way on the Blu-ray. But Chisato pulls it off like the pro she is. She's gotten so good.

I noticed in a couple of subsequent numbers that other girls (Reina and Risako) resort to pressing their earpieces as well. I wondered if it was a persistent problem with that show.

I watched a few numbers from each disc, but haven't yet had the time to watch the whole of either concert.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In the H!P Hinamatsuri concert, disc 1, there's a Berryz MC segment in which these anime characters suddenly flood the stage, played by girls in costume and voiced by off-stage actors.

Who are these characters, what are they from, and who plays them in the concert? Anyone we know? (e.g., the Eggs?)

Last edited by Madara on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Pretty Cure.

It's only THE magical girl anime series money pot of the past ten years. Don't you write for an anime magazine? :rofl: :wub: ;D
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Asian Celebration was used as the official cheer song for Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage 2: Kokoro no Tomodachi, movie.
Berryz 9th single,Gag 100 Kaibun Aishite Kudasai, was used as the ending theme to Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart 2 ~Yukizora no Tomodachi~.

I think they made a big deal out of it because both Pretty Cure and Berryz Koubou have the same anniversary. (They both started around the same year, 2004, give or take a few months.)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I have heard of it and it has been recommended to me. I just didn't recognize it. These things all tend to blur together after a point and I've kind of been avoiding magical girl anime series of the 21st century.

Given the Berryz connection, I suppose I should check out Pretty Cure.

Thanks.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Pretty cure is pretty meh IMO, Madara
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Depending on your age and gender, Pretty Cure (or also known as PreCure) is pretty good. I like it, but then again I'm an adolescent girl.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Madara"]
I have heard of it and it has been recommended to me. I just didn't recognize it. These things all tend to blur together after a point and I've kind of been avoiding magical girl anime series of the 21st century.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Check out the Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart 2 ~Yukizora no Tomodachi~ movie since Captain Saki and Mari both make vocal appearances in it.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

[quote="Madara"]

Thanks.
[/quote]

I was just joshing you, hence the emoticons! :(

Anyway, I only watched part of umm.. Heartcatch, when it was a duo. The fights were pretty cool. I stopped when the third girl joined because I liked the duo more.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Star"]
Depending on your age and gender, Pretty Cure (or also known as PreCure) is pretty good. I like it, but then again I'm an adolescent girl.
[/quote]

Same here on the teen girl part, but it was still kinda... I don't know.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

More questions about Hinamatsuri, Blu-ray disc 1:

What's the name of this unit featuring the quartet of Ayumi, Masaki, Erina and Akari Takeuchi?:

Is it one of the Satoyama groups? I don't recall seeing them before.

In one of the Berryz MC segments (which lasts 16 min.!), the girls speak in ascending order by age (youngest to oldest) and Saki gives a long speech, citing each of the other members.

Four of them cry:

The other three don't.

Does anyone know why they cry?

Thanks.

Also, I was struck by the fact that Berryz has 10 songs in this show, while each of the three other main groups has five.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Moved all these posts to the Hinamatsuri thread. Next time you have questions about a concert Madara, look back to see if there's a thread about the concert before going to the question thread.  :lesson: (You're answer might already be inside it.)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks, I'd forgotten about this thread.

Thanks also for moving my other post to the Members Territory spam thread. That makes more sense. I wasn't sure what to do with that one. Now I do.
Last edited by Madara on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Madara"]
More questions about Hinamatsuri, Blu-ray disc 1:

What's the name of this unit featuring the quartet of Ayumi, Masaki, Erina and Akari Takeuchi?
[/quote]

It's called Harvest.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

To answer your Berryz question, Madara, this was their 10th anniversary which is why they gave speeches and had more songs.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks for the help, guys. My blog entry is up.

Here are some unsual shots from it:

Have you ever seen Momoko like this?

Maimi working it:

Kana greeting the wotas: Don't get too close, girl, they bite!

Last edited by Madara on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You quoted me. xD 

Also Madara, you'll need <a href="http://youtu.be/POacal1yUIc">this video</a> to understand the 2nd disc. Not sure what you remember and don't but if you have questions as to why certain girls got the solos and others didn't. It was all done by lottery (I mentioned it in the first post, but that was 1000 years ago.)

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
You quoted me. xD 

Also Madara, you'll need <a href="http://youtu.be/POacal1yUIc">this video</a> to understand the 2nd disc. Not sure what you remember and don't but if you have questions as to why certain girls got the solos and others didn't. It was all done by lottery (I mentioned it in the first post, but that was 1000 years ago.)
[/quote]

Interesting to watch General Tsunku marshaling his troops. I got the first part, how they picked the order of the groups, but I didn't get the second part and the circuitous way they chose the soloists with those arbitrary line paths. :confused:

I like how Tsunku hums famous bits of classical music as he works the chart.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm not sure how that line system works, but it does make it fair for all of them since he had them put in the lines.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I didn't know there was a DVD release for this :) I'll definitely be getting it since it celebrates Berryz 10th anniversary and they were the group that introduced me to H!P :)

The anime characters look kind of cute :) I've heard of Pre-Cure and it has been recommended to me but I'm a bit sceptical of it because there are a lot of throwbacks to a certain other Magical Girl series within it.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]
I didn't know there was a DVD release for this :) I'll definitely be getting it since it celebrates Berryz 10th anniversary and they were the group that introduced me to H!P :)

The anime characters look kind of cute :) I've heard of Pre-Cure and it has been recommended to me but I'm a bit sceptical of it because there are a lot of throwbacks to a certain other Magical Girl series within it.
[/quote]

The Blu-ray includes both concerts in one edition (2 discs) and I reviewed Disc 1. For the DVD, the concerts each got a separate release. 

The DVD with the Berryz anniversary goes by this title: Hello! Project Haru no Dai Kanshasai Hinamatsuri Festival 2013 - Berryz Kobo 10 Nenme Totsunyu Special!

Here's the link to the CD Japan page:
<a href="http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... BE-5467</a>
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ Thank you :) I'll probably get the Blu-ray so it doesn't take up too much space :) I'm running out of places for my DVD's lol
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]
^ Thank you :) I'll probably get the Blu-ray so it doesn't take up too much space :) I'm running out of places for my DVD's lol
[/quote]

Welcome to the club.

Also, since the exchange rate has improved for us dollar users, the Blu-ray is not that much more expensive than the DVDs. I don't know how the exchange rate is for UK buyers, though.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

My review of Disc 2 of the Hinamatsuri Blu-ray is up on my blog.

Some memorable moments:

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Ooooh I love that last shot.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="160962" data-time="1377018665">
<div>
[/quote]

Welcome to the club.

Also, since the exchange rate has improved for us dollar users, the Blu-ray is not that much more expensive than the DVDs. I don't know how the exchange rate is for UK buyers, though.

</div>
</blockquote>
It's absolutely terrible here XD They've risen in price by quite a bit. They used to cost between £40-£50 but now they cost between £50-£60 XD This is the reason why I haven't really bought any recent H!P Blu-rays unless they're MoMusu related :) I really want to buy this one though because even though I don't like them as much as I used to Berryz are the group who introduced me to H!P and their 10th Anniversary is a special time so I'll support them :) I should start saving for the Blu-ray of their 10th Anniversary concert at Budokan :)

EDIT: I thought that the ear pieces were used to block out a lot of the noise so performers ears don't get damaged? 
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.