[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by Kalle »

[quote="Saya"]
I'm sad they cut the MV off :( why???? Are the doing that for incentive to buy the full thing? But I really liked what I saw/heard. All the songs on this single are really great imo.
[/quote]

If I had to make a guess I'd assume they cut it short to curb people from ripping the H!S episode, cutting the PV out and reuploading it before it went up on the official channels. Not that this may stop it completely, of course.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by andrewmarlin »

Maybe, just maybe, they cut it short because they is something big going to happen!!!! But who knows what that big thing would be? Shoot the way Tsunku messes with us, we may get a whole new video!!! I know it most likely won't happen. Other than that, I really like the song. It is peppy and very uplifting. Although with this being the theme song for the olympics, I would expect to see more of that, and the flag to actually look like Japan's flag. It looked like the American stripes? Well at least to me. I like this single a lot! All the songs seem to be inspirational. I like inspirational type songs!!!
Last edited by andrewmarlin on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Promo:

Handshake event: Eripon, Kanon, Masaki, Haruka 1/18
Handshake event: Sayumi, Mizuki, Ayumi, Sakura 1/19
What is Love performance on Music Japan 1/23
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

How many handshakes are they doing for this?
Could this be the single with most promo ever? Let's hope it pays!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That brings the handshake count up to 24, I believe. I went and checked, and assuming I didn't miscount, Ai no Gundan/Wagamama had 26 handshake events total.

Edit: I forgot about the handshake events scheduled for post release. Total for this single is 29.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
And here you have, the Kimi no Kaware MV. Enjoy! 

Pretty basic, but it's good. But they didn't show the whole thing. They cut off at the end. :P
[/quote]

Finally got to hear this song. It's kind of boring to be so loud. It's like the melody (lol music terms) goes nowhere or something.

I dunno, I'm not feeling it but I don't exactly dislike it.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Kimi no Kawari bores me so much that I really don't want to comment. But really, Sakura's lines are too good. I started to prefer her voice to Takahashi.

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I said this on FB yesterday, but I love how tsunku thinks he can just throw "nippon" chants into a song about boys and love and stuff and call it an Olympics song.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="yuzu"]
I said this on FB yesterday, but I love how tsunku thinks he can just throw "nippon" chants into a song about boys and love and stuff and call it an Olympics song.
[/quote]

He most likely just plopped them into another song he had written.

Love Machine is more fitting for the Olympics than this.

I wish they threw in some shots of the girls playing sports.  
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Anyone who seriously takes this as a supportive song for the Olympics is just....

I mean, uh, there are so many theories and so much irony in the Olympics, huh? Nippon! Nippon! There's no replacement for you, mr.swimmer! 
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I just might be the only person who seriously loves Kimi no Kawari LOL.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^ I love it too!

I'm loving this whole single.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I mean, I think we can all agree that the What is LOVE video sucks, but I'll settle for two decent videos and three a-sides I don't hate! By H!P standards, this is probably more than we should expect.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I LOVE Kimi no Kawari and What is LOVE. Egao no Kimi is on the "Like" scale, so overall a good single.

12 days  :satisfied:
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Wagamama spoiled me. :(
Last edited by showraniy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Live of Egao Kimi from Music Dragon with some very cute camera angles on Eripon <3

The group lines sound way better here than they during the H!P concert footage.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
Live of Egao Kimi from Music Dragon with some very cute camera angles on Eripon <3

[/quote]

Well I mean... Let's be honest... This probably wasn't live, or if it was, it was probably edited hahaha. I don't know if Maa-chan wasn't supposed to sing her "whoa-ohohoh" but still do the dance or what, but that looked awkward. With the close ups where a camera seemed like it was right in their face, that was probably shot separate from just the dance shot. Then they edit it all together and boom!

It's entirely possible it was live and in one take, buuuuuut.... I still stand that Taiyou is not a very good song for live performances >.<
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^The solo lines are definitely live. Also Maa (and Riho for that matter) aren't supposed the wow~'s because its heavily autotuned, and not really a "line."
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Saya"]

[/quote]

Aww, Erina. Very nice performance! I think Egao is standing high above the rest as my favorite. I just love this song to bits.

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

Well I mean... Let's be honest... This probably wasn't live, or if it was, it was probably edited hahaha.

[/quote]

Lol, what. Seriously. You really think a not live performance would have Riho butcher her high note like that?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Here's the full talk segment!
It showcases all the members this time, even if only for a bit~
Riho dances, Eripon gets to talk alot <3, Kanon makes funny faces, Haruka talks about how she can see ghosts.
They also do KyunKyun phrases and Maa-chan is really cute here after her turn.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Yeah, the solos are live, but the group lines sounds too perfect to be live. Why does playback sound that good in Japan? I've been a fan of K-pop for almost 3 years, and I've seen a lot of groups doing playback, and they "sound really bad", making it so obvious that they're doing playback, but all playback perf. that i've seen in Japan make you think if it's really playback or live lol (this was so pointless, I know)

This song is still really weak at live, I kinda understand why they put all that effort to make the MV of the waekest song out of the single, since the other 2 can stand out on live. And I don't know why they told Ayumi to use her "rapping voice" for her solos :(
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div> </div>
<div>
[quote="Farrah"] [/quote]
</div>

Nope, it's my favorite song on the single, and I like all of the songs on it. None of them are as good as "Gundan" or "Joke," but I would rank that as one of MM's very best singles ever.

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Farrah"]
I just might be the only person who seriously loves Kimi no Kawari LOL.
[/quote]
I love it very much.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I put subs on the KyunKyun Phrase Collection part of the MD show. Credits to Estrea of H!O for most of the translation.

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Saya"]
Here's the full talk segment!
It showcases all the members this time, even if only for a bit~
Riho dances, Eripon gets to talk alot <3, Kanon makes funny faces, Haruka talks about how she can see ghosts.
They also do KyunKyun phrases and Maa-chan is really cute here after her turn.
[/quote]

Thanks for the link <3
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Thea"]
I put subs on the KyunKyun Phrase Collection part of the MD show. Credits to Estrea of H!O for most of the translation.

[/quote]

Thanks !! Fukuhime's sentence was really good too (in fact, it makes me remember when I say that (a really close sentence) to my boyfriend xD).
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

THE MV IS OUT--- KIMI NO KAWARI

Can't believe I'm the first to catch O_O
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I can dig it. This song is such a grower.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Full performance of Kimi no Kawari from an Olympic's send off party.
[/quote]

Is this at, like... an actual Olympics party send-off thing? Not just an MM thing?

Somehow, I'd be embarrassed to perform this song in front of real Olympics athletes/families/etc. I dunno.... Since it just doesn't really feel like an "Olympic" song minus the "We know we shine, we can feel it from the bottom of our souls" and the work thing and "Nippon". The rest is still about a boy. But whatevs, I guess. Lol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.