Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Maa-chan comments on 13ki incoming members, Sayashi graduating and 12ki:

-She feels 12ki hasn't solidified yet, so she wants a solid 13ki to enter. She's worried that the current members might be all over the place, so she wants everyone to group up together.

-She's been sad since Sayashi left, and although everyone been saying "let's do our best!" they've also been thinking "If Sayashi were here..." "Sayashi would..." but she's been trying to forget about her saying "Whatever already!" (trying to get over her loss in the group, not in a mean way.)

-Although she understands fans are sad--and that members feel just as sad as fans when members graduate--when fans say this and that about Sayashi ,Maa-chan will say "Alright, bye." She gets that everyone's sad, but she wants the other girls to be supported still, too.

-Since Sayashi's been gone, Ayumi has tried her hardest at dancing, Oda's been doing her best with singing, Fukumua's been working hard and having the group come together, and Harunan's been trying to up her talking skill. So when they hear "If only Sayashi were here..." it really hurts their feelings.

-She feels you should get to know 12ki better before 13ki comes in... When Sayashi was graduating, staff was saying "we have to do this, and you go here," if the managers weren't there, Morning Musume wouldn'tve been able to do anything. So at that time, Masaki and the others couldn't see the troubles 12ki was having (since it was overshadowed by Sayashi's grad.) So now they don't know what to do for when 13ki comes in. 

-Morning Musume is like a human, 12ki is the brains, 10ki is the body, and 9ki the legs/feet. So 12ki really needs to get together fast! 

-Nonaka has been acting like Sayashi, especially in how she moves. But Maa-chan thinks if Nonaka has confidence in her true self, people will love her for herself; But that 12ki is scattered, thinking they each want to do their own thing (not necessarily working as a team.)

-10ki would fight all together, because they were doing the same thing--it's like they were all in a row. But 12ki feels more up and down from each other. 

-Maa-chan thinks fans are probably worried about 12ki. If she was a fan, she'd want 12ki to take more control and confidence in their good parts and put them out on display.

Sorry for any mis-translations, but hope this was interesting for you guys :)

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Thanks, TicTac! That was really informative and insightful of Masaki. I'm really starting to adore her, little by little. She's become such a good member since her hiding-under-table-at-handshakes days.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Thank you TicTac ! That was very interested to read. Maa-chan is slowly climbing up in my ranking as well.
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I saw these odd comments on an old Angerme video.... I checked out the user and this guy is just creepy af. He has so many H!P videos saved in playlists and has comments on them. But none of the comments make sense. It's all really strange. Just thought I'd share cause I think it's just crazy.

Here's a comment he left on Password is Zero: 

Spoiler: [+]
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">ZO ZO PANEL AND CUBIC FUTURISMO PRESENT</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">WITH LOUIS LANE</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">AN ARTICLE FROM THE NIGHTLY REVERIE</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">STRING THEORY AND THE IDEA THAT PARELLEL UNIVERSES EXIST WAS NEVER NEWS TO ME.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">BEING A YOUNG MAN, I FOUND THE VERY NOTION ELUSIVELY A SOURCE OF COMFORT TO MYSELF.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">AND AN EXCITING ONE, AT THAT.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">BUT WHAT IF YOU COULD WAKE UP NOT FROM A DREAM BUT INTO ONE?</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">WOULDN'T IT BE FANTASTIC?</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">HOOT. WE DO IT ALL THE TIME WHENEVER WE DAYDREAM.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">SO TO SPEAK.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">QUESTION WAS, WAS THAT REALLY WHAT WE WERE DOING ALL ALONG?</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">AND WAS IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM RELIGION?</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">IF IT WAS, I COULDN'T SEE HOW IT WAS DIFFERENT.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">SO I PUT ON MY WHITE HAT AND WENT STRAIGHT TO TOWN ON EVERY WIERDO I CROSSED PATHS WITH.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">ARTICLE CONTINUED IN MYRRORBOOK</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME, I SHOULD HOPE.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">????</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">THIS LOOKS LIKE A TRAIN WRECK.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">XOX</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Spam.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]
Spam.
[/quote]

But he has videos up, too? Isn't spam usually just comments? =o
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, does he actually have uploaded videos? I thought I only saw playlists.

Edit: Oops, my bad! Frankly I'm scared to play any of his videos, but since nothing is really H!P related I'd still call it spam.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Maa-chan comments on 13ki incoming members, Sayashi graduating and 12ki:
[/quote]

So basically what we all assumed about 12th gen, then.

The comments about people still holding onto Riho are sad, but understandable given the 12th gens inability to grow. I think if they had added even one strong singer, there wouldn't be any "If Sayashi were still here" comments. 

I like that Maa is unafraid to speak freely about the inner workings of the group like this.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She sounds more like she's saying they lack teamwork. I don't think she has the guts to come out and call them untalented anymore than any other idol does. Everything she said is pretty typical idol speak.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I wonder if, imagining this was back in that era, Yuuko or Mikitty would actually come out and say something like this. If there was any two people you could count on to really say it how it as, it'd be them, especially Yuuko. Japanese society is normally polite, but when it comes to actual mentoring, they seem to be incredibly strict, so I don't think it'd really be an issue to state what is very obvious, especially to help.

I loved Mikitty and Yuuko and their lack of sugarcoating.  :cryalot:

Anyway, what Masaki is saying about them is true, but I agree with Anderei that it's pretty held back; if there's any directness, it comes off more in that shady Japanese way rather than directly saying "there's a real issue with their talent, they were a bad addition, we all know this, but we're trying to train them the best we can", etc. You have to read between the lines to get that, and it's just kind of passive-aggressive.

I mean, really, imagine Yuuko being fed up with "If only Abe was here" or something like that, lol. I hardly think she'd put up with that without calling it out.

And, really, if anybody should be saying this and talking about leading, I'd expect it to be Mizuki's "job", as much as leader is a name-only position. Sayu was a very fluffy kind of leader, but she knew when to be strict, and she actually tried to push them out there to grow more. Mizuki... is just... there, as a leader, much like Ai was.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Reina actually more or less said it about 9/10th gens when Sakura was added. She said was that she was glad they finally added someone who could sing.

But Yuko and Miki were both in the group at the same time as some of the most untalented singers and I don't recall them saying anything. Maybe they didn't but idols today are so friendly with each other that I think they've got blinders on when it comes to reviewing each other. And it's hard for these girls to critique each other when it's not like the more senior girls are that great themselves. Even her comments about the older girls is just the standard 'they're trying their best!!!'. Especially since Masaki isn't exactly an all star performer herself, and was pretty crappy when she joined.

Also I just realized that the comment about Haruna trying to get really good at talking feels super out of place if she's talking about it with respect to filling the Riho void since she wasn't exactly an awesome conversationist.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
And, really, if anybody should be saying this and talking about leading, I'd expect it to be Mizuki's "job", as much as leader is a name-only position. Sayu was a very fluffy kind of leader, but she knew when to be strict, and she actually tried to push them out there to grow more. Mizuki... is just... there, as a leader, much like Ai was.
[/quote]

I agree, but also with leaders that were more laid back and friendly they always had someone who scolded the younger members. Kaori had Kei in the beginning, Ai had Gaki and later Aika. I'd also want Erina, Haruna and Ayumi, or nowadays also Masaki and Haruka (and Sakura now too) to actually teach their juniors and scold them if necessary. I know Ayumi can be strict and Haruka even was strict with Kanon and Erina when she just joined (not sure if she's still like that), Haruna is a total sugarcoater though and Erina seems like she wants to be adored by her juniors. 

I honestly wonder. It's good that Masaki said something, or at least it's better than nobody saying anything. It depends on what they're doing with it, though. It's not enough to tell their juniors that they're not doing enough. Good leaders and good seniors push them and give them chances. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Takahashi said that the leaders aren't actually expected to do anything, so it's sort of what you make of it. And the only gen who spent a long time under her leadership was 8th gen and they've said that Aika caught onto things very quickly and nobody had to tell her what to do.

I don't know if I agree Sayumi was a good leader. It seemed more like she just enjoyed being around all these cute younger girls and then got really frustrated when they couldn't do something the way she wanted. I think she's also a hard person to learn from because even though people loved her, ideally you'd want to be better than she was after 10 years.

Also, Kanon was the strict one and she's gone now. There was an entire incident where she got onto Masaki who was upset because she thought it wasn't deserved and that Kanon just didn't understand her and she started crying on camera. When what she got scolded for was her fault no less. I believe others have talked about her getting onto them as well. And before her was Aika, whose career got cut short. She even complained on camera about how 9th gen didn't listen.

Mizuki is in the same situation as Takahashi where it's hard to take control of girls who were just fellow members for such a long time before you became leader. Plus they're all so close in age. How can Mizuki really be expected to take charge in that situation?
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Yuko and Mikitty were members of the group during it's absolute heyday. They were a strong group with a couple of weak links, so there wasn't much needing to be called out, and what there was was handled by strong leaders behind closed doors.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Maa's MM is 180-degrees the opposite: a weak group with a couple of talented members. There's a lot to call out with this group, and as arcobaleno said, it would ideally be handled by Mizuki, Ikuta and Ikubo. The problem with that is, two of the three leaders are two of the biggest talent black-holes in the group. Who's going to listen to Erina or Haruna about anything? I wouldn't. Those two suck at everything, and everyone in the room knows it. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I also agree with arcobaleno that Maa is inferring an awful lot, and is doing so intentionally. It seems pretty transparent, tbh.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I think the biggest problem with regards to the lack-of-teamwork issue might be the fact that these girls admittedly see each other as co-workers, and not friends. I don't know if the previous generations just faked it better, but they appeared to have very good friendships within the group. Not all of the girls were friends, but each was good friends with at least a couple other members. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsunku's decreased influence probably has a lot to do with this, as well. </div>
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I actually see it as the opposite, I think these girls are friendlier with each other than ever before.

It's just been acknowledged by leaders that the position doesn't mean anything so it just really isn't their job. And honestly, the only people in this group who pull their own weight are Mizuki and Sakura so to hear it from someone as inconsistent and average as Masaki, who also brings nothing to the table tv-wise and has been seen to be poor at taking criticism from her seniors in the past, seems meaningless. I think it would be meaningless from anyone. Skirting around the issue and telling fans everyone is working hard doesn't fix anything, it's the same stuff you hear from every single idol group that loses a popular/prominent member.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

All the comments make it seem like MM has acknowledged that they need new members since the current line up is struggling. I'm hoping this means that we'all be getting strong members to fill the void.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm a bit late to my own party, but here are my thoughts:

I didn't necessarily see this as Maa-chan sugarcoating or putting on a front... I'm pretty sure she's been scolded for how she talks about other members (be it seniors or whatever), and we all know she's been scolded for how she talks on TV in general. So I think she was more just following the procedure she was given, while still being as open as she could. Normally I'd say it's not her place to tell juniors whether they're doing alright or not, as she's not the eldest gen/still gets scolded even after all these years. But I do think she has a place for an opinion as she's one of the seniors that seems to have helped 12ki the most. She's helped them with their rhythm, among other things. Here's what Nonaka said about her:

Spoiler: [+]

"She was talking about "bringing everyone together," and she's been helping 12th gen with dancing, and has been teaching me a lot. Up to the really small details of the dance. So, since I really love Sato-san's dancing, I want to become like that, too! I really love Sato-san's dancing. It's my goal."

Now, is it the leader's actual job to push other girls to grow? No. But if you, as a leader, want to be remembered and have a successful group, wouldn't you do that? Wouldn't you stick your nose into the group more than just a "let's do our best!"?

Suzuki and Sayashi seemed like the seniors who scolded and upheld the quality of the group the most. It's sad that we're now left with the two 9ki members who are soft with the girls, and 10ki really isn't in line to take charge on all that. I can only imagine what a tight group a leader and critic like Ayumi would bring. 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
I actually see it as the opposite, I think these girls are friendlier with each other than ever before.

It's just been acknowledged by leaders that the position doesn't mean anything so it just really isn't their job. And honestly, the only people in this group who pull their own weight are Mizuki and Sakura so to hear it from someone as inconsistent and average as Masaki, who also brings nothing to the table tv-wise and has been seen to be poor at taking criticism from her seniors in the past, seems meaningless. I think it would be meaningless from anyone. Skirting around the issue and telling fans everyone is working hard doesn't fix anything, it's the same stuff you hear from every single idol group that loses a popular/prominent member.
[/quote]

I'm trying to remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that several current members have stated flatly that they view each other as co-workers and don't hang out much outside of work. 

Masaki's "bad" is better than at least half of the group's "good", and especially Ikubo and Ikuta, who embody the definition of useless dead weight. Sato is undoubtedly the most musically gifted Musume in the history of the group. The story of her producing CDs for the 12th gen girls to learn the feel of the 16-beat rhythm shows leadership without the title.  Her singing doesn't stack up to many in previous generations -- I rank her 19th out of 38, or dead-center median -- but that's more of an indictment on the current group as a whole than on her personally. 

I have also read that the leadership positions have become essentially meaningless now, and that's also a problem. Successful groups have a hierarchy among the members, and MM used to have that. If they don't anymore, well, you're seeing the fruits of it. Maa probably shouldn't be popping off to the media like this, and with strong leadership within the group, she wouldn't.
Last edited by JPope on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="200291" data-time="1473832406">
I'm trying to remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that several current members have stated flatly that they view each other as co-workers and don't hang out much outside of work.
</blockquote>

I think I've heard that quite a few times, from past lineups as well.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="200291" data-time="1473832406">
Maa probably shouldn't be popping off to the media like this, and with strong leadership within the group, she wouldn't.</blockquote>

I think you're on to something with the above point. I think it speaks to why someone so "mid-tier" in the group is the one to speak out on this issue, when that really is the job of the most senior members. Even if the "ace" member's criticisms hold more weight to the other members, it's just strange to my Western brain to picture a hierarchy where the most experienced, longest-tenured members don't get after the least-experienced for shortcomings. I think Japan's hierarchies tend to be based more on age, don't they?

Still, if the oldest member is a shit performer with no real redeeming idol qualities, it's hard to imagine the group dynamics regarding her ability to lead.

Either way, I agree that Masaki's outburst seems fueled by a lack of discipline coming down 12ki's direction from 9ki.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Isn't that from her blog? Those are controlled by management, so the fact that it went through is proof the company isn't too concerned about it. Plus, she is their senior so if she has a problem with them, she's more than able to say something. Aika had no problem doing that despite having two senior gens above her. Kei did it back in the day, and I recall people talking about Ishikawa doing it too. This sounds very much like a 'do as I say, not as I do' situation. You have to be the change you want to see, and her sitting in her corner being the special snowflake that points out everyone else's shortcomings is not that. Every single member is part of the problem. 12th gen may suck but as a whole 9/10th gens are not exactly shining beacons of talent and were the start of the groups problems.

Also, showraniy, when they joined seems most important. Haruna may be eldest, but she doesn't have seniority over Mizuki.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Masaki strikes me as the Koharu of this lineup, always on her own wavelength, but without Koharu's neediness and, unlike Koharu, able to tune in to the group's wavelength flawlessly during performance. But offstage? On her own. Which is not a bad thing to have in this group.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Basically, even Sakura has seniorship over 12ki. They all could scold them but they don't. To me the only ones who seem stricter are Ayumi and Haruka, and even my opinion about Haruka comes from her early days in the group; Masaki doesn't seem to be strict either, she's just the one who mentions it to the public.

What I mentioned earlier in this thread: Even if previous line-ups had soft/weak leaders, you had someone who was able to play the butt and make themselves unpopular with the juniors. And yeah, that someone probably was Kanon in the line-up before her graduation. Considering the situation she wasn't doing it well enough, though.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Mizuki's also the youngest leader they've ever had, right? Both Ai Takahashi and Sayumi were older and more experienced when they became leaders.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ai was 20, Sayumi was 23 (or 22?) I think. Mizuki became leader when she was 17, so yeah, you're right. That's why she has two sub-leaders though. Also, I guess with Mizuki it's less her age or experience but more her soft character.

I stand with my point. Mizuki is a weak leader, but there's 7 senpai over 4 kohai. Should be possible to manage them somehow, especially since Maria and Akane are quite a bit younger.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

You know it feels like you guys are all looking at the girls to crack the whip on one another but as it seems most of them just may not be up to it (yet).  But why doesn't the company do or say something, its their actual job to make the girls better idols right?

Made by Haru!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Not really; the company manages them, but their main and only focus is, as botched as their usual attempts are, to make money and appeal to the crowd. The most I've really heard the company do is just "suggest" an older idol graduate to keep the groups looking granny-free, lol.

As far as music teachers and the likes, while it is their job to help them improve on talent, the girls themselves still have to take their lessons to heart, and not only that, ACTUALLY want to improve. It's as much an effort on their part as the teachers.

The reason, I think, that most look to the girls themselves to crack the whip is because the girls know each other and their quirks in terms of teamwork and performing better than most. The company manages them from a financial and popularity-creating standpoint, and the teachers are their to (supposedly, seeing as how many girls are still horrible) help them polish talent, but it's on the girls, themselves, to correct each other on performances, teamwork, behind-the-scenes behavior, etc., because no one else really can.

Well, staff has corrected behavior on rare occasions, but even so, it still seems to be, more so, the job of the girls themselves to show the others how to behave rather than staff.

It's the job of the seniors of a grow to train their juniors to be good members of the group. And if they are talentless black holes, train them to do something for the group in another beneficial way. (See: Ishikawa Rika mentoring Sayu.)

I agree with JPope. Without the lack of hierarchy and guidance from experienced members who were made to learn, the group has fallen apart in the push to become better idols.

And I also agree with Anderei on being the change you want to see. If you're preaching for someone to improve and correct themselves on something, but not doing it yourself, then it's impossible for your lessons to reach a person, since they'll think of you as a hypocrite and have no respect for you.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Depends on the staff. The early S/mileage staff was known to be very strict. I remember someone from C-ute mentioning they were surprised by it when they had their joint concert.

I've heard of idols mentioning that they've been told to try and talk at least once on shows and ect., that sort of thing, but I don't know if I've ever mentioned it from an H!P idol. Worthwhile variety appearances are still at a low, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've moved on from that. Too many 48, Stardust, and smaller group girls just do it so much better.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="200303" data-time="1473869989">I think it speaks to why someone so "mid-tier" in the group is the one to speak out on this issue, when that really is the job of the most senior members.</blockquote>You can throw age into the sorting mix, but I think it's hard to consider anyone from 10th gen particularly mid-tier. For all of them there are only two people in the group who have been there longer, and only something like 15% longer at that.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Apparently the Budokan date has disappeared from MM's next concert tour on the H!P website.

The concert was supposed to be held on 12/12.

My money is on UF not getting the venue for that day (whether it's UF's fault or the Budokan staff's I don't know) but maybe anyone else wants to add to the rumour machine?