Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by Solarblade »

History? Mmmm id say maybe Konkon if it wasnt for Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago...

id also argue Makoto and Sayaka too but ehhh

^agreed on Junjun and Linlin though, but at least Linlin sung a solo track so thats much and above Junjun lol
Last edited by Solarblade on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="205235" data-time="1487352622">
id also argue Makoto and Sayaka too but ehhh</blockquote>

I'd agree to this if we are just talking about singles... but even then, Makoto got quite a few in the earlier days. Sayaka was often over shadowed. They both got featured tracks on albums, though. One of the good things about the old days. We could always count on albums for mini groupings or featuring the back-up girls. Junjun and Linlin got a few of those too. You could argue that 12th gen (Akane and Haruna mainly) are worse off than the rest but you have to look at length of time in the group overall.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I really disagree on Haruna being on the same level as Ikuta. Maybe with the current line distribution, yes? but if we take a look back, Haruna was kind of the first one out of the 4 backgirls who got more lines. Part of the dialogue in Help me! was her (even though the only part they do live is Mizuki's line) then -presumably- when they thought of making her a sub-leader she got solo lines in both Brainstorming and Kimi sae + group lines with the leader and sub-leader in Wagamama.

Also as Solarblade said, Konno if it wasn't because of Namida. I think it is in Ai araba, a song that is fuuuull of short and long solo lines, everybody in their 15-member line-up got a line except for Konno. Souda!, another song with lots of lines, Konno is the only one who doesn't get one.

My gess is: Linlin -> Kanon -> Konno -> Junjun = Ikuta ->->->-> Iikubo -> Makoto.

Linlin tops the list considering how good and neglected she was. Kanon was one of the better singers in a line-up of crappy singers and they didn't use her in their favor at all. And then Konno for the "everybody including Rika gets lines except you"...
Image Hey
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Don't forget Konno was one of the leads in Do it Now
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

I thought Konkon got a pretty good line in AS FOR ONE DAY also
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="205237" data-time="1487357760">I really disagree on Haruna being on the same level as Ikuta. Maybe with the current line distribution, yes? but if we take a look back, Haruna was kind of the first one out of the 4 backgirls who got more lines. Part of the dialogue in Help me! was her (even though the only part they do live is Mizuki's line) then -presumably- when they thought of making her a sub-leader she got solo lines in both Brainstorming and Kimi sae + group lines with the leader and sub-leader in Wagamama.

Also as Solarblade said, Konno if it wasn't because of Namida. I think it is in Ai araba, a song that is fuuuull of short and long solo lines, everybody in their 15-member line-up got a line except for Konno. Souda!, another song with lots of lines, Konno is the only one who doesn't get one.

My gess is: Linlin -> Kanon -> Konno -> Junjun = Ikuta ->->->-> Iikubo -> Makoto.

Linlin tops the list considering how good and neglected she was. Kanon was one of the better singers in a line-up of crappy singers and they didn't use her in their favor at all. And then Konno for the "everybody including Rika gets lines except you"...</blockquote>
I also believe that they made Iikubo the official Sayu replacement (Mizuki at some point, too)
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="205234" data-time="1487347951"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="205225" data-time="1487305522">
Has anyone in the history of MM been treated as badly as Eripon? Even Ogata got a solo line (though talking) in Oh My Wish.

They finally started giving her lines in singles and concerts in 2015...</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="205231" data-time="1487311103">
Basically all members of the background four (Ikuta, Kanon, Haruna, Duu) until Sayumi graduated. TIKI BUN was more or less when Duu started getting lines, Duu and Kanon had Oh my wish (and well, Haruna got some lines if you want to count that).

I don't know, I never felt that Ikuta got it especially bad.

Oh, and in all of MM's history? Junjun and Linlin.</blockquote>

Yeah, Erina is definitely not the worst treated member. Kanon only got Oh my wish to reward her for losing weight, and her graduation single because of the obvious. If Kanon was still there, she'd be back to the usual shtick. Duu was already immensely popular, even before she started getting lines, so we pretty much knew she would go somewhere. I would say Harunan and Erina get the same treatment, it's just a toss up of which one is going to get the pity line this time. (I'm talking about '11 ~ '15, I can't evaluate '16 past Utakata and Sexy Cat)

But as for JunLin, definitely way worse than Erina. Unlike Erina or JunJun, LinLin could out sing pretty much all of both lineups (minus Reina and Ai) and she still got stuck with the same amount as JunJun because she was Chinese.</blockquote>

Kanon took priority over Eripon when it came to random extra lines so I'd say Eripon is the worse treated of the two. She doesn't have any singles, noteworthy album songs or even a memorable line to her name.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="205240" data-time="1487366494">
I also believe that they made Iikubo the official Sayu replacement (Mizuki at some point, too)</blockquote>

Kind of. For some reason they gave some of the roboSayu parts to Ayumi.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="205234" data-time="1487347951"></blockquote>

Kanon took priority over Eripon when it came to random extra lines so I'd say Eripon is the worse treated of the two. She doesn't have any singles, noteworthy album songs or even a memorable line to her name.

[/quote]

That's what I feel like too... Even if you say "well Oh My Wish was Kanon's first major single and only cause she lost weight," she was still center and lead for a single. Eripon can't say that. And you have to remember LinLin got a solo cover on the Chanpuru 1 ~Happy Marriage Song Cover Shuu~ and that in itself is an accomplishment. JunJun was shunned more than LinLin in the end, imo. When you add in album songs and official covers, Konno may just have Ikuta beat.  And depending on how she was favored during concerts, she may still beat Ikuta. I haven't really seen many older MM concerts. Here's JunJun's solos from Rival.

In the end, Ikuta may beat LinLin, with how she's been getting more and more concert lines though not a ton more single lines. But when JunJun got solo lines at least most of them weren't a single syllable like Ikuta's were for a good 2-3 years. Eripon didn't have a single solo breath in: Only You, Kono Chikyuu, Pyoko Pyoko, Renai Hunter, Help Me!!, Wagamama & Ai no Gundan, and then only single syllables until Ima Sugu where she had a full word!! Yes she was obviously featured on album songs and b-sides, though still not a ton.

Here's a collection of Eripon's solo lines from recordings, but it only goes until late 2015. And a number of them are repeats from the "Updated" album.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I... don't know. I mean she wasn't as invisible when they did other stuff. Being one of the visuals for TokiSora. Getting solo appearances on TV. In general having more TV stuff. Anyone remember that hilarious 'documentation' where they tried to make Ikuta look unpopular because her handshake event line was short? Compared to friggin Sayumi's?

So when it comes to solos you might be right, but she's rather visible, compared to JunLin.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I... don't know. I mean she wasn't as invisible when they did other stuff. Being one of the visuals for TokiSora. Getting solo appearances on TV. In general having more TV stuff. Anyone remember that hilarious 'documentation' where they tried to make Ikuta look unpopular because her handshake event line was short? Compared to friggin Sayumi's?

So when it comes to solos you might be right, but she's rather visible, compared to JunLin.
[/quote]

I agree with you there! She's one of the bigger talkers for MCs and TV.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Here's MM'16's 86 DVD mag in case you wanted to see some more sports/exercising.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

More 2016 birthday event videos.

Ayumi 
Onna ga Medatte Naze Ikenai (Morning Musume)
Futsuu no Shoujo A (Morning Musume)
Boyfriend (Fujimoto Miki)
CLAP (Berryz Kobo)
Odore! Morning Curry (duh)
Moshimo (Mobekimasu)

My favorite thing about Ayumi is that every time I think she's doing well and getting better her voice goes to hell ten seconds later.

Sakura
Kiseki no Kaori Dance (Matsuura Aya)
Kousui (Melon Kinenbi)
Taisetsu (Fujimoto Miki)
Chuuou Kaisatsu (Matsuura)
Kachoii Uta (Mobekimasu)
Tatoeba (MM)
Heya to Y shirts to Watashi (Tanaka Reina)

Maria
Kachoii Uta (Mobekimasu)
Yokohama Shinkirou (Goto Maki)
Chokotto LOVE (Pucchi Moni)
Happy☆彡 (Kirarin)
Ne~e? (Matsuura Aya)

Miki
Romantice Ukare Mode (Fujimoto Miki)
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="205290" data-time="1487560614">
Sakura

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r19Noy2xLFg' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Tatoeba</a> (MM)
</blockquote>:O Can't wait to listen to this!!!

EDIT: Tatoeba was great! I love how Sakura typically does an old school MM song every show she does. It really fits her voice so well.

Miki is still hesitant to just perform her ass off. She had really good moments in Romantic but there you could see her pulling back which would cause her to fall short on notes.

I only listened to a few of Maria's. I tend to love how hard she tries, but she isn't there for the vocals. I really enjoyed Ne~e though. She has moments that made me think she sounded like Gaki, but it wasn't consistent enough to last for long :lol: She seems like her tone has improved quite a bit since joining, but her stamina and how she sings is horrendous. I was excited to see a Kirarin song but her breathing was so bad I had to shut the song off...

I only listened to Boyfriend from Ayumi but I think she was worse than Maria... i think part of her problem is that she has no inflection throughout the song. Boyfriend would have these soft moments and then get stronger. Wada Ayaka has perfected inflection in songs which is why she is one of my favorites to listen to. Airi too. Ayumi needs to learn from them.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I like how Haruka turned Moshimo into this really popular song... Not that it wasn't ever a good song or fans/members didn't like it, but ever since her solo of it at Hinafest it seems a top choice of Birthday Events. I'd wager that Hinafest performance is probably one of the "legends," or at least a highly regarded performance, from modern H!P.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You think so? Because I barely ever remember it happened. Haruka actually kind of sucks at singing.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
You think so? Because I barely ever remember it happened. Haruka actually kind of sucks at singing.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was a big deal at the time, I remember people talking about it just after the Hinafest and then whenwatching the video the fans seemed to be really into it. Not to mention, again, girls starting doing this song as their birthday event song left and right since then it feels.

It's not really a matter of whether she's a great singer or not, but this solo put her on the general map and was an overall good performance.

Murota Mizuki- Birthday 2015
Ogawa Rena- Birthday 2016
Nomura Minami- Birthday 2017
Taguchi Natsumi- Birthday 2016
Inaba Manaka- Birthday 2015
Tsugunaga Momoko- Birthday 2016
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

In general. I wish these girls would avoid singing Ayaya and Mikitty songs. Sakura gets a pass, but she's probably at the minimal level I'd like to see singing these songs. And as good as she is (comparatively speaking) she's kind of a boring singer. She reminds me of Tanaka in this respect.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Every idol in the world from every agency likes to sing Romantic Ukare  Mode though.

As for most shafted member(s), JunLin 100% why is this even a debate
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah I'd say the birthday song tier list goes Aya > Miki > Berryz.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Morito Chisaki 17th Birthday Event 02/20/17 at TFM Hall

Event 1
1. 17sai (Moritaka Chisato)
2. Umbrella (Tanpopo#)
3. Wasurete Ageru (Angerme)
4. Otona no Jijou (Juice=Juice)
5. Aenai Nagai Nichiyoubi (Fujimoto Miki)

Event 2
3 changes to Ai no Suki Suki Shisuu Joushouchuu (Berryz Kobo)

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="yuzu"]
Every idol in the world from every agency likes to sing Romantic Ukare  Mode though.

[/quote]

Of course, what good idol wouldn't want this type of response? XD

Or maybe the more subtle version of thousands of people screaming your name is more your speed?
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Miki was so damned good.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Anderei"]
Yeah I'd say the birthday song tier list goes Aya > Miki > Berryz.
[/quote]

Granted, if I was an idol I'd probably have a few Aya and Miki songs in my birthday setlist, too.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Those who actually know a thing or two about singing.... How was Take-chan's vocal training? Not just on her side, but from the instructor's side as well? Is she teaching Take-chan the right technique?

I always feel the instructor's voice is not amazing, but idk if she tones it down to the idol girls' level of understanding and reachability.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I just read about some wota finding Yokoyama's old twitter... And apparently, from that, they saw she had a boyfriend in the past. Some are dubbing it a "scandal" already, lol.

Ridiculous >.>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yeah, don't worry about it, that happened back in December and nothing came of it. Just the wota being wota. 
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

She's going so high in my ranks <33333333
Last edited by Derby on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

ME TOO
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Those who actually know a thing or two about singing.... How was Take-chan's vocal training? Not just on her side, but from the instructor's side as well? Is she teaching Take-chan the right technique?

I always feel the instructor's voice is not amazing, but idk if she tones it down to the idol girls' level of understanding and reachability.
[/quote]

Seems pretty standard to me - my Japanese vocabulary is pretty limited (particularly on anything musical) so I may be missing something but overall nothing stuck out to me as wrong or bad.  It seems like the instructor gave up on trying to get her to hit that "motometari dekinai yo" without pushing too much air though LOL because she kept doing it that way over and over again.  I've always felt Akari has one of the healthier voices in H!P, she sounds better here than she usually does in concert although she was super throat-y on some of the vocal exercises in the beginning and seems to have a very underdeveloped head voice (which is extremely common in contemporary singers).

In my experience, I've never really had an instructor whose voice blew me away.  The main one I went to didn't have a very dazzling voice - she was older and her voice was strong but definitely had that aged quality to it that just can't be avoided after a certain point.  But she studied at Oxford and knew her vocal shit like the back of her hand even though her main focus of study was piano.  I think the best instructor is one who knows what the right thing to do is, knows how to teach that to people in a way they understand, and understands it isn't about them.  Showing off their vocal chops isn't going to be the name of the game, they have to be willing to even sound really silly sometimes in order to demonstrate - I had one choir instructor who definitely did NOT understand this concept in particular and she was absolutely awful at her job LOL.