[2024.08.28] Tsubaki Factory - Baby Spider / untitled / untitled

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2024.08.28] Tsubaki Factory - Baby Spider / untitled / untitled

Post by Solarblade »

During their tour today in Aichi, Tsubaki Factory announced their next single, a triple A-side releasing on August 28th, it'll be the first with the three new members, though strangely enough, Niinuma will also be on the single despite that she'll be long gone from the group on 6/10

They'll also be debuting a song, "Baby Spider" (ベイビースパイダー) on Niinuma's graduation day...

Weird announcement, but woo new single!
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2024.08.28] Tsubaki Factory - Baby Spider / untitled / untitled

Post by JPope »

Six months of nothin', then all of a sudden it's the Oprah Winfrey Show: YOU get a single! YOU get a single! And YOU get a singe!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Tsubaki be dropping singles and albums like they the flagship group. I'll allow it because they had a few drought years in the past and with their current change, they can use the exposure for their new members as the older ones are graduating out.

Baby Spider makes me think Baby Shark for some weird reason. And the color pink comes to mind. I'm curious to know why they decided to allow Niinuma to take part, knowing full well this single wasn't going to be released until August. Why not just let her stay in the group till then? Have her graduate in the fall.

She must be doing something this summer for her NOT to be able to stay till then. So I'm curious to know what that is exactly.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

JPope wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:40 pm Six months of nothin', then all of a sudden it's the Oprah Winfrey Show: YOU get a single! YOU get a single! And YOU get a singe!
Yeah and it's annoying af. Honestly, who manages those groups?
Shoujo Q wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:50 am Tsubaki be dropping singles and albums like they the flagship group. I'll allow it because they had a few drought years in the past and with their current change, they can use the exposure for their new members as the older ones are graduating out.
Back then the rumor was that °C-ute's management went to Tsubaki after °C-ute disbanded and I can see that. Tsubaki might have had a rough year due to heavy graduations, but they're still going strong, with every addition being stronger than the last - except for the last three, but maybe we just haven't seen enough of them yet.
Shoujo Q wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:50 amShe must be doing something this summer for her NOT to be able to stay till then. So I'm curious to know what that is exactly.
Money is on theater, as always.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This new generation of Tsubaki feels like a support generation. Filler girls to help support the generation before them. Kind of like what I felt Morning Musume’s 4th, 8th,12th, and 16th were to give sort of an examples. They aren’t going to overshadow the generations that came before them. They may have talent but they aren’t going to knock it out of the park after the first single.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

My conspiracy theory is that the company wants to keep a link to the group's original concept, and is keen to keep them from becoming too talented.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Both pretty good points lol. Considering they're also pretty young they can be kept in the back for the next few years until either they're read or we get another audition.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I was listening to early Tsubaki and I remember how horrible they were. Pretty much where I see the current KSS unit actually. My past self would laugh at me if I told them that they were one of the strongest units in 2024.

Oh and Baby Spider also reminds me of a Kpop song. I’m curious to know who is behind the song.